Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Other than that, have you excluded the usual suspects?

• Update graphics drivers. yes 3/5 gtx1060
    • Update Java. last updated 3/6
    • Use OptiFine and Fastcraft. believe i was, checking.
    • Allocate 4GB of memory to TnFC's Java instance. yes
    • Tune down the fancy graphics a bit. Disable better leaves, particles, anti-aliasing, filtering, reduce chunk updates to 1 in Optifine, etc. should be close to default

Name:  sysinfo.png
Views: 374
Size:  3.9 KB

i work on sat til 5pm mst. but should be able to be on after and on sun.
    Last edited by Dourne; 9th March 2019 at 03:59.

issue is no longer isolated to the drill. i am having trouble moving after teleport, longer load times. optifine and fastcraft are installed although not sure updated. changed graphics to fast and still had issues. Removed better foliage.

still bouncing back and forth and after teleport at least 3 sec before i can interact with boxes, barrels, sandwich grid, anything you can open/interact with.

logged into freebie and same problem. weird it only affects MC. other games including ark are fine no play issues.
    Last edited by Dourne; 9th March 2019 at 05:10.

Try to install a clean instance of TnFC. Also, I have almost the same hardware as you do and I don't use Optifine, never have and I don't have weird lag problems. Bob, who loves Optifine (and shaders) does have them from time to time. Last time he had them, he ended up with having to do a clean install of MC, nothing else helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chogata View Post
    Try to install a clean instance of TnFC. Also, I have almost the same hardware as you do and I don't use Optifine, never have and I don't have weird lag problems. Bob, who loves Optifine (and shaders) does have them from time to time. Last time he had them, he ended up with having to do a clean install of MC, nothing else helped.
    did this twice(from ATL). 2nd time i deleted the folders even. left out mods that gave me install problems the last and first reinstall times. same issue happens from the start. i load in and try to turn the camera left or right and get bounced to the original view. this happens for 30-60 seconds then i try to move. i move so far and bounce to original spot again for 30-60 more seconds after 3-5 min of standing still i can somewhat move around. if i try to access any storage the action takes 30-120 seconds. once it catches us to my actions i can again somewhat use it. i would not say normal operation though. teleporting to home or outposts breaks it and i start the cycle all over.

msg me on discord or steam and i will log in no matter what i may be doing at the time.
    Last edited by Dourne; 10th March 2019 at 03:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    logged into freebie and same problem. weird it only affects MC. other games including ark are fine no play issues.
    If you have this issue on both the TFC and the TnFC server then it could also just be a bandwidth issue. TFC is known to require a lot more upload bandwidth from clients than vanilla Minecraft does. Could you do a speed test?

Go to https://www.speedtest.net and change the server to one in Amsterdam. (Settings -> Global Settings -> Change Server)

On a different note, we still need to establish realistic building limits. I'd like to follow what we've done for the TFC server and set limits on a per town basis.

DOM, you've had a lot of experience building stuff. Any recommendations?
    I'm thinking about 1 major building project per town like the miner from Mekanism and those huge immersive engineering machines.

As far as the TFC stuff goes I'd like to increase those limitats to the following:
    • 10 total adult animals. This means any selection of adult animals that totals to 20.
    • Each animal needs to be in its own 16x16 pen in it own chunk fenced in, the fence can have small sections for gates.
    • 3 plots of tilled soil farmland or berry bushes. This means 1024 blocks. They may be in more than three plots, but 1024 max blocks.
    • 10 fruit trees. (All kinds allowed: red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)
    • 1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.
    • 3 outposts
    • 3 /sethome points per player

Chunk loaders of any kind are not allowed. This also includes keeping chunks loaded with redstone.

I'd also like to remove the teleport cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    If you have this issue on both the TFC and the TnFC server then it could also just be a bandwidth issue. TFC is known to require a lot more upload bandwidth from clients than vanilla Minecraft does. Could you do a speed test?

Go to https://www.speedtest.net and change the server to one in Amsterdam. (Settings -> Global Settings -> Change Server)
    Result ID

Ping ms 136

Download Mbps

Upload Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    On a different note, we still need to establish realistic building limits. I'd like to follow what we've done for the TFC server and set limits on a per town basis.

DOM, you've had a lot of experience building stuff. Any recommendations?
    I'm thinking about 1 major building project per town like the miner from Mekanism and those huge immersive engineering machines.

As far as the TFC stuff goes I'd like to increase those limitats to the following:
    • 10 total adult animals. This means any selection of adult animals that totals to 20.
    • Each animal needs to be in its own 16x16 pen in it own chunk fenced in, the fence can have small sections for gates.
    • 3 plots of tilled soil farmland or berry bushes. This means 1024 blocks. They may be in more than three plots, but 1024 max blocks.
    • 10 fruit trees. (All kinds allowed: red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)
    • 1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.
    • 3 outposts
    • 3 /sethome points per player

Chunk loaders of any kind are not allowed. This also includes keeping chunks loaded with redstone.

I'd also like to remove the teleport cool down.
    3 outposts is good. i am currently running 5 sethome points( is the default bed point included in those 3?) i would like to up this setting.

on different note here i am going to switch my boot drive from a 500gb which is always close to full to a 4tb drive. hope this helps. pray i have a computer after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    Result ID

Ping ms 136

Download Mbps

Upload Mbps
    Bandwidth is fine. Anything above 1Mbps upload should be enough for TFC.

Ping is pretty high but I've seen worse without that causing any problems.