Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
new boot drive up and running have not tested tnfc performance yet. plots on tnfc are currently 30 i thought?. definitely need more than 16 imo. outposts vs home points (5v3 or 3v5) a total or 8 teleports should be sufficient for most everyone.
We can double the amount of plots per town member to 32. This will however result in monster towns pretty with huge outposts quickly. Might be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Chogata View Post
Big machines almost always have just one active (TE) block, the rest is decoration. So no need to limit them more than small ones.

I think people that will seriously play a lot and make it to really advanced stage will be the more mature ones, so something to measure load/lag in a chunk and a general rule about downsizing on admin request should be enough.

Also, I remember the official TnFC server (when it was still on) had a reset scheduled every 6(?) hours. There was a countdown from 10 minutes (10,5,1,30 sec, 15 sec, 10 sec, 5 sec, zero) so nobody was surprised when it happened. There were no limits on building stuff and at its peak the server had 10+ players active at the same time, some lag sometimes occurred, but nothing drastic. I suspect this setup was made to counteract poor garbage collecting behaviours.

I know some people will say restarts are a pain, but personally, if I had to choose between more strict limits or restarts, I would pick restarts.

As for the proposed rules, 3 plots don't mean 1024 blocks, it's 4 plots
The point I was making is that I'm looking of an easy way to limit the amount of stuff players build. Big machines are easy to point out and if you only have one of each you only have infrastructure for one of each. But doing it with Opis should also be possible although that would mean more staff involvement.

Restarting the server won't solve lag due to having too much stuff running. It'll only temporarily solve memory creep. So far I don't think we've had many problems with that. But if needed we can always start restarting the server more often.

In my proposal for limitations I only edited the first values, not what came later in text. The whole thing was copy/pasted, then I changed the first value. I'm sorry for your confusion, guys (Yes, yes, I know I caused it. Sorry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chogata View Post
This looks like some kind of rendering issue. I know I'm boring with my advices, but get rid of Optifine and see if you get the same crashes (unless you already did and it did not help, but I can't find that info in your posts).
Don't get rid of Optifine, update FastCraft
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...astcraft/files