Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You should be in the mod group. Did you try relogging?

I think I'm going to ditch the Ontime promotion thing or perhaps reduce the time for promotion to maybe 4 hours or so. We force new TFC players to be on the server 12 hours before they were allowed to create a town. This was done to encourage newbies to join existing towns rather than creating dozens of ghost towns around spawn. Since player count has decreased substantially I don't think we need to worry about that too much now.

- The Enertron is open and Revamped. It's setup to accept all kinds of rocks and distribute a couple types of food depending on the accepted rock. Thanks to the new mods and much more experience with command blocks than I had on TFC several years back, the system shouldn't break down or get sluggish. Feel free to try and break it and abuse it so I can fix any possible exploits or bugs (without breaking it physically as a mod/admin of course)

- Spawn updated a bit with fancy signs (WIP) and admin NPCs.

Lockette will probably need an update on what's lockable. Many TFC item values are shifted in TnFC, and TnFC introduced many new item inventory types we should probably see about locking.

Thanks for fixing the Enertron

I thought Lockette already had item IDs for TnFC configured? Did you encounter stuff you couldn't lock?
    From the Lockette config:

Yesterday I saw some people chatting on the server about the TFC's years length being long. Do we need to change this? Also, can we change this safely without TFC breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I thought Lockette already had item IDs for TnFC configured? Did you encounter stuff you couldn't lock?
    From the Lockette config:

Yesterday I saw some people chatting on the server about the TFC's years length being long. Do we need to change this? Also, can we change this safely without TFC breaking?
    Many of the scripts/cmd blocks/misc things had shifted IDs so I figured the lockette needed fixing as well. If that's already taken care of then no worries there.

Changing dates/times can cause a lot of problems, but the problems should be contained to food decay, planted crops, and natural spawned crops. Anybody who has been play testing may experience sudden loss of food, but moving forward newly harvested food should be fine.

As for making the change from current 360 to old 96 (or whatever the old calendar was), I don't play regularly enough to have a good opinion on this.

There is one advantage of 360 over 96 days year - in 360 you can plant crops and come back to harvest them next day. In 96 you have to just play for half a day to plant and collect, especially if you kept the default TnFC multiplier of crop growth time (1.2). Other than that it's all the same. If we want to change it, now is the time, before anybody has any serious amounts of food stored.

Also, J, I remember a conversation (when this thead started) about maybe adding a second home point to Freebie servers. Did you decide something about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chogata View Post
    There is one advantage of 360 over 96 days year - in 360 you can plant crops and come back to harvest them next day. In 96 you have to just play for half a day to plant and collect, especially if you kept the default TnFC multiplier of crop growth time (1.2). Other than that it's all the same. If we want to change it, now is the time, before anybody has any serious amounts of food stored.

Also, J, I remember a conversation (when this thead started) about maybe adding a second home point to Freebie servers. Did you decide something about that?
    I would have to disagree about the amount of play time for crop harvesting. Lonely old me has been playing off and on for a few days and by yesterday afternoon my plants were only at about 60%. In that time, I had harvested a very large amount of wild plants on my journey and I had eaten through them in that amount of play time. I am convinced that I will have to double my crops to sustain me for the off seasons now. That being said, if there are to be large population towns, they would have to maintain massive plots of land to sustain a thriving population. Either that or ration out play time to conserve food since the server doesn't tick if there arent players online.

All of that in consideration, if that's what we are interested in doing, let's keep it up. I am just impatient sometimes.

One the subject of rules and lag prevention, I feel as if the donor rules should be ok for the time being. This is a mod pack that has very little to no followers anymore. The newest versions of Minecraft run better on poor hardware and also the population of players in general has diminished. I do however expect for there to be changes to my attitude once we have large factories with machinery running, but without chunk loaders we should be ok for a while.