Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Bug found : Food does not decay when inside the 3x3 input grid of a Blue Power Alloy Furnace.

I'm afraid there will be many more non TFC containers that will nor decay food. It will "catch up" when taken out.

Dourne suggested decay would catch up on the server as well. Sariak replied it didn't.

Could someone confirm if this happens in single player as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    do we want every nook and cranny issue here or the other thread?

rain is disabling my forges (ones i use with my blast furnaces). I have a fence post on the top to block the rain but the rain is blocking every other block around it thus diabling my forge.

Bloomery still works in the rain, same setup.
    Please report any issues you encounter. This doesn't seem like a bug though.

From the TFC wiki:
    Forges must have proper ventilation in order to work. Forges can be exposed directly to the sky for ventilation, but will stop working during rain or snow.
    https://1710-wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    rain is disabling my forges (ones i use with my blast furnaces). I have a fence post on the top to block the rain but the rain is blocking every other block around it thus diabling my forge.
    If you want to keep up the ventilation and stop rain at the same time, you have to use something like lumber or chiselled block to block rain. At least that's how I got that working in TFC usually, not sure what is possible in TnFC. Otherwise just make L-shaped chimneys.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Please report any issues you encounter. This doesn't seem like a bug though.

From the TFC wiki:

https://1710-wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Forge
    sad

Quote Originally Posted by Elbe97 View Post
    If you want to keep up the ventilation and stop rain at the same time, you have to use something like lumber or chiselled block to block rain. At least that's how I got that working in TFC usually, not sure what is possible in TnFC. Otherwise just make L-shaped chimneys.
    tried that 2 blocks above the 'hole' for the forge it still didnt work. tried a single block and 3x3 above.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Dourne suggested decay would catch up on the server as well. Sariak replied it didn't.

Could someone confirm if this happens in single player as well?
    I tested in single player.

I put raw venison in an alloy furnace and another in a chest side by side.
    Then I skipped like 10 days.
    The venison in the chest decayed as normal.
    The venison in the alloy furnace did not decay at all - HOWEVER, when I removed it from the alloy furnace the decay caught up.

Therefore, I will keep testing on the server, im pretty sure decay doesn't catch up.

Anyone else can test too, the recipe for an alloy furnace is just 8 brick blocks.

EDIT: My raw venison did decay rapidly when I removed it on the server too. However my 8.4oz raw fish doesn't. So maybe fishes don't decay in there.
    Last edited by Sariak; 3rd February 2019 at 02:20.

RESOLVED....dumbest thing ever. removed a block...why is this a thing...

Spoiler!

Issue: Blast Furnace ventilation.
    can someone explain why this setup works on the freebie tfc server and not tnfc?
    edit: The Blast Furnace itself seems to be causing the issue.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dourne; 3rd February 2019 at 18:04.

I've stored the following items inside of an Alloy Furnace for about 24 hours (not in-game time):
    Spoiler!

I took them out and kept them in my inventory for a minute or so.
    Spoiler!

No idea if this is normal or not. But it seems you can keep stuff stored like this for weeks.