This server is now open for the public. This thread remains open for discussion about the TnFC server.

Work has begun on a new public HappyDiggers TnFC server. As some of you may know we already host a Donor TnFC server which is currently outdated. The new public server will be replacing the Donor server. And as the name suggests, no donations are required for joining this new server.

I've generated a 100.000 x 30.000 block world. This took a long time. The server is currently being uploaded and I'll begin the process of setting up all the mods and plugins that we also use for our regular TFC servers. Since it'll be a public server we want it to use a bunch of plugins to make the lives of staff members easier. This means the server will be running on KCauldron and that means quirks and bugs. If you want to get an idea of how we run our public TFC servers, you're welcome to try our current TFC server at tfc.happydiggers.net:4000

The next step will be to start play testing. Play testing should start in one or two weeks. For this I'm looking for a couple of volunteers. Preferably veterans of the official TnFC server. Play testing means we'll spawn in a bunch of resources and player will have to sprint through the various tech trees to figure out what works and what doesn't. No time for exploration and base building at this stage. Just setting up machines, testing mechanics, that sort of stuff. We'll require people to leave a short summary or report of each play session. Nothing too complicated. Just what you did and if it worked or not: build machine X, tried mechanic Y, etc.

If anyone's interested please leave a reply and tell us about your experience with TnFC and if you're willing to do boring test work. Again, we are not looking for players at this point. If you want to play TnFC on our server, please be patient.