Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Vegetables and grain are now spawning with the late spring season. no changes are needed unless we want to provide newbies seeds from autumn to spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    Vegetables and grain are now spawning with the late spring season. no changes are needed unless we want to provide newbies seeds from autumn to spring.
    I don't think it makes sense. They wouldn't be able to grow them anyway (unless almost on the equator) and when another springtime comes, they will be able to find their own. It's a bit of an adjustment to play on a 360-days server instead of 96-days, but it has its charms

Starter food would be better, but I know it's an issue to put food in player's inventory. But maybe some food to be freely taken in spawn area? Can that be done somehow?

Jiro asked me if I wanted the Enertrons for the TnFC server working. After reading the last two posts I think that might be a good idea.

It's essentially a trader that trades stone or other common items for food.

Jiro, would you mind fixing the Enertrons?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Jiro asked me if I wanted the Enertrons for the TnFC server working. After reading the last two posts I think that might be a good idea.

It's essentially a trader that trades stone or other common items for food.
    That would be awesome! You could set it to accept stones of any kind and give players some starting stones. They could trade them for food and if they run into hard times later, come back with more stone to trade. Give only 1 or 2 kinds of food so people are not discouraged from running their own farms later on. Maybe one kind of vegetable and one kind of protein or just ready made sandwiches? Not grain and not fruit that allows to make alcohol/vinegar, that would be too OP.

Possible bug : The Hardcore quest book -> stone age -> Firepits

Even though fullfilling the 100% criteria and it being marked as complete. I am unable to turn it in and claim reward.

My inventory was full sorry for the false alarm. I will leave this here just in case someone else would encounter this.
    Last edited by Sariak; 26th January 2019 at 03:19.

question was asked.......

is this current?

Donor TechnodeFirmaCraft Server
    Each Town may have a maximum of:

• 20 total adult animals. This means any selection of adult animals that totals to 20.
    • Each animal needs to be in its own 16x16 pen in it own chunk fenced in, the fence can have small sections for gates.
    • 4 plots of tilled soil farmland or berry bushes. This means 1024 blocks. They may be in more than three plots, but 1024 max squares.
    • 12 fruit trees. (All kinds allowed: red apple, green apple, banana, peach, etc.)
    • 1 of each kind of anvil. (copper, bronze, wrought iron, steel, etc.
    • 50 total machines per town, not counting storage devices.
    • 10 outposts
    • 10 /sethome points per player

Since we do not have a donor TnFC server it is not current. I've changed the server page a couple of days ago but I haven't updated the information elsewhere like the TFC forums and external server pages.

We haven't settled on limitations for the TnFC server yet. I'm guessing we can copy the TFC ones, but we should probably also add TnFC specific limitations since it adds a ton of stuff to the game which can potentially get out of hand very quickly. We may want to do some testing with Opis to get an idea how much resources certain machines take up.

One thing I'm already sure of is that we do not want chunk loaders. I should probably see if I can disable that open computers upgrade server side.

Uhm, I think something is off. Joined the server to try out TnFC but can't get past the initial maze. Can't use the portal at the end, and also the server keeps me informing about being auto-promoted to group freebie endlessly, also default group again. Anyone else experienced this?

//Edit: Jiro fixed that. Thanks
    Last edited by Elbe97; 26th January 2019 at 19:36.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

You should be in the mod group. Did you try relogging?

I think I'm going to ditch the Ontime promotion thing or perhaps reduce the time for promotion to maybe 4 hours or so. We force new TFC players to be on the server 12 hours before they were allowed to create a town. This was done to encourage newbies to join existing towns rather than creating dozens of ghost towns around spawn. Since player count has decreased substantially I don't think we need to worry about that too much now.

- The Enertron is open and Revamped. It's setup to accept all kinds of rocks and distribute a couple types of food depending on the accepted rock. Thanks to the new mods and much more experience with command blocks than I had on TFC several years back, the system shouldn't break down or get sluggish. Feel free to try and break it and abuse it so I can fix any possible exploits or bugs (without breaking it physically as a mod/admin of course)

- Spawn updated a bit with fancy signs (WIP) and admin NPCs.