Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Maybe consider anything that's a chunk loader not allowable or turn that function off?

That's a given. Chunk loaders would kill the server quickly.

New Spawned
    It would be cool to help you testing this modpack! Quick progression without exploring and building? Just what i need!

If you are worried about the machines that are left running, couldn't you just unload the chunks? This would solve a massive amount of problem the only problem that it would create is that item decay and crop/animal growth will not continue if someone logs off.

I would be up for testing if you require more people as I have seas of spare time before and after Christmas, however with testing most machines require some pretty advanced stuff and it will take a while to get to them which would end up in this process taking rather long, which in return is quite good due to the amount of problems that could arise.

Cheers,
    Zorak

Chunks are unloaded if a player isn't near them and there isn't any other mechanism in place to keep those chunks loaded, i.e. a chunk loader. TFC calculates decay based on the time after creation of the food and the environment it's in. This is why when a chunk with food in it is loaded, you can see the food for a split second before it disappears due to decay.

There isn't really a limit on how many people can participate with testing. More is better I'd say

We have quite a lot of stuff we need to figure out. With TFC we can run about 20 players on a server with developed towns that have a lot of animals, farm plots and TFC machinery in them. I'm fairly certain we won't be able to do the same with TnFC, unless I upgrade the server to a CPU with a much higher clock speed. Currently we're running a 14 core / 28 thread Intel Xeon at 2.4GHz. Which means we can run a lot of different Minecraft servers, but each server instance isn't super fast.

Unfortunately upgrading would mean switching to a whole new platform. Either another overly expensive Intel system, or the new AMD Threadripper. I'd really like to do that, but that would cost well over 1000 euro and the current server isn't all that old yet. So unless people are willing to do some serious sponsorship, that's not going to happen for a while. Which means we'll probably end up setting a player limit somewhere around 15 for the TnFC server. At least, I hope we can manage 15 players without getting into a lag fest. But that's something we're just going have to figure out

I would love to test this server, and I am sure I will enjoy playing it in the future, but I have been forced to abandon pc games for a while until I get a new computer. I will continue to weigh in from dynmap and in the forums.
    _DT

(Once I have some spare money I will probably end up donating)

As some of you may know I've not been well the past two weeks. Because of that I haven't done much work on the new server (sorry!).

I've added most of the stuff that needs protecting with Towny and Lockette and am now generating tiles in Dynmap. Once that is done I'll select a location for the spawn building and maze, put it in and get things ready for the testers to join.

In the mean time, do me a favor and send me your Minecraft in game name so I can add you to the whitelist if you are willing to do test work.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    As some of you may know I've not been well the past two weeks. Because of that I haven't done much work on the new server (sorry!).

I've added most of the stuff that needs protecting with Towny and Lockette and am now generating tiles in Dynmap. Once that is done I'll select a location for the spawn building and maze, put it in and get things ready for the testers to join.

In the mean time, do me a favor and send me your Minecraft in game name so I can add you to the whitelist if you are willing to do test work.

Can we write the MC name here? If so,

LemonH

So things got a bit delayed...

Health issues. Family issues. Other things. You know how life goes. But fret not. The HappyDiggers TnFC server is still in development!

A bunch of config stuff got done. A suitable spawn area has been found and terraformed. And, of course, the spawn building has been placed there. Tenterro has agreed to help out and build some awesome looking bridges around spawn.

It won't be long now. Here are some screens to wet your appetite. (click for larger versions)

Name:  2018-02-07_19.54.15.png
Views: 2050
Size:  3.58 MB

Name:  2018-02-07_19.55.22.png
Views: 2059
Size:  3.15 MB

Name:  2018-02-07_19.57.51.png
Views: 1965
Size:  3.60 MB

Name:  2018-02-07_19.58.53.png
Views: 1983
Size:  3.60 MB

Name:  2018-02-07_20.02.50.png
Views: 1950
Size:  4.62 MB

Looking good ! Can't wait to start testing. Will testers have some sort of Trello board to collaborate in setting up to-do lists and handling them ? It could be beneficial especially if people from different time zones need to collaborate without being available during the same time period of the day.

Another way to go could be to have chests with signs saying what test needs to be ran on the blocks it contains.

There could also be a test Towny protected area with some locked chests and every possible machine blocks placed down and we could try to blow it up or push with pistons or pour lava.

What ever it is I can do to help I will do.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    -=- E D I T -=-
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I have been doing some single player testing and I found a fluid duplication bug with Ship's Mod.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sariak; 25th February 2018 at 23:18.