Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vintage Story: TFC, but not in Minecraft

Came across a TerraFirmaCraft inspired game: Vintage Story

It's being actively developed by a the author of Butterfly Mania. Which, if you'll remember, we included in our previous HappyDiggers AMP mod packs. He's also known for VintageCraft.

Vintage Story seems to be in active development and it's available as an "early access" title at https://www.vintagestory.at

It currently has a dedicated server option. But as far as I can tell there aren't any plugins that we normally use for protection. Although perhaps we could make some rudimentary mods ourselves or input some feature requests. The staff seems willing to incorporate community feedback at this stage.

So what do you guys think? Is this something we'd want to pick up?
    Personally I like the idea of having a "TFC" that's in active development again instead of the stale bug riddled mod we've been running for the past couple of years.

I'd play it. i'm addicted to L2R atm, thats why i havent been on ark or mc lately. even slowed my Vikings browser game down to a crawl.

i'll download it and play solo for now.

Looks very interesting, I will try to pick it up in a couple of weeks and test viability (which is just an excuse to play). I quite enjoyed TFC, but I didn't benefit from the server environment since I couldn't dump the time into it. Many other players do and the community we host is excellent. If we can build up a community around another indie game, that would be awesome!

Looks really cool I'd like to play it

I've seen it too and I'm eager to check it out

I picked it up. Movement is slower in it then minecraft. There may be a way to make mouse movement more responsive, its like the movie mode in minecraft. I may make a video on it. Haven't gotten to far, need to read up on the wiki for crafting. So far I like it besides the speed issue.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    I removed mouse smoothing and increased mouse sensitivity a bit in the options. Seems fine now.
    Also there is the Sepia effect by default, making colors pale - devs adviced it is also in the settings. Also some bloom effect which afaik just blurs the vision. Removed it too.

Thanks, missed that lol, cranked it up to 200 from 50, now its good for me .

Just FYI, a small VS thread on Bay12 Games forum (Dwarf Fortress developers). Nothing new, just in case.
    http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169437.0

People started discussing chunk protection system in VS, i.e. like Towny. Lot of examples of how HD did it, i.e. Towny.
    So probably people who know server needs much better than me should join that discussion from HD side
    https://www.vintagestory.at/forums/t...s#comment-1677