Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Attention All Ark Players

As some of you may, or may not, have been following along over the course of the last year we've had some issues with stack mod support. The stack mod we've used for our HappyDiggers Ark servers since stack mods were a thing hasn't been updated for close to a year now. This is because the author in charge of the mod had been banned (which is another can of worms in itself). The author never passed on the mod rights to another user for updating and the stack mod is a year and a half behind in content if you include scorched earth since the author created a separate mod for those resources.

A change needed to be made, so I introduced a new stack mod with regular updates following the developer kit updates. Aberration has been using Ultra Stacks since the server release and the author promptly updated the stack mod when the dev kit was available. The problem this creates is we can't transfer the resources from Aberration to any other HD Ark server since different stack mods are used. In order to remedy this I'll have to make The Island, Scorched Earth, and Ragnarok all have the same stack mod.

The reason why this is a big deal is almost ALL of your resources on The Island, Scorched Earth, and Ragnarok will be deleted. I've spent the better part of 5-6 months looking for ways around this, but they just don't seem to exist. Stack mods turn normal resources into modded resources that provide the same functions. Therefore when you remove a stack mod the modded items cease to exist as well. This is a huge reason why I've waited this long to make a serious stack mod change, while holding out hope the Resource Stacks mod author would actually help the community and hand off development.

Now comes the part where we bite the bullet and migrate to a new stack mod. People are going to lose their stuff, it's inevitable. I'm hoping to make the transition smoother for active players, because I'm most definitely not going through every single base to replace items on every server.

Here's what I have in mind:

• Players will private message me on the forums with their steam name, username, and server(s) they need items swapped on.
    • I will provide the players with S+ vaults (600 slots each) and S+ fridges (100 slots each) outside their base location.
    • The players will be responsible for contacting me directly and letting me know how much of each storage structure they'll need to store their items. I will place them, they will be safe, and will have a unique pincode for each player/tribe.
    • On switch day I will shut down public access to servers one at a time while I work through each server. I will visit each designated storage site and catalogue the contents of the vaults with pictures. The mod will be switched, the items deleted, and then I'll replicate my picture records with the correct amount of items.

I've performed this process before for several tribes, just not on the scale of 3 long running Ark servers. This also means that only active players that contact me and set this up will keep their items, which is unfortunate, but it needs to be done. If you have any suggestions on ways to improve this process, please send them my way in this thread. In the mean time, this is what I'm tentatively planning.

Tentative date for the stack mod switch is March 18th.

I'm giving players a month to contact me and set this up. I suggest you use up most of your resources before the deadline to make the switch simpler. I'm extremely busy during the week right now so if I don't answer you for several days please be patient. We have time to figure this out, there's no hurry. The date I chose is only tentative which we can always change if something comes up.

Items on the chopping block:

1. Raw Meat, Cooked Meat, Spoiled Meat, Cooked Lamb = 2000
    2. Raw Prime, Organic Poly, Raw Mutton = 600
    3. Cooked Prime, Kibbles, Perishables = 1000
    4. Berries, Veggies = 5000
    5. Chemicals = 5000
    6. Recipes = 1000
    7. Fiber, Hide, Pelt = 10000
    8. Resources except Fuels = 5000
    9. Fuels, Seeds = 2000
    10. Elements = 500
    11. Veggie Cake = 250
    12. Ammos = 200

Note: Scorched Earth and Aberration specific resources won't be affected by the change. Resource Stacks doesn't have up to date content on those items.

I was making a mental list of what is actually a stackable resource and I've found this in the old mod's description. Might be useful as a checklist for everybody, so nobody ends up like "Oh, sugar, I forgot my stash of shotgun ammo"

Blue is original text, puprle are my comments.

1. Raw Meat, Cooked Meat, Spoiled Meat, Cooked Lamb = 2000
    2. Raw Prime, Organic Poly, Raw Mutton = 600
    3. Cooked Prime, Kibbles, Perishables = 1000 does this include not fertilised eggs?
    4. Berries, Veggies = 5000
    5. Chemicals = 5000
    6. Recipes = 1000
    7. Fiber, Hide, Pelt = 10000
    8. Resources except Fuels = 5000 does this include stuff from killed dinos, like sauropod vertebrae?
    9. Fuels, Seeds = 2000
    10. Elements = 500
    11. Veggie Cake = 250
    12. Ammos = 200

Thank you Chogata, that's very useful!

3. Fertilized eggs can't be stacked without destroying their original parent stats, so no need to worry about those.

8. I don't believe apex items are altered by Resource Stacks, but it wouldn't hurt to include them in the admin switch vaults.

Kibbles might survive the transfer, but once again I would include them in the admin fridges. Previously when I've experiemented with stack mod swaps on Ragnarok sometimes the kibbles would survive to the maximum number allowed by the new stack mod.

The switch date has been pushed back a week to March 11th. I'm considering making the servers PvE for the 3-4 days leading up to the switch depending on how many players contact me to set this up. Ammunition will also be affected which means turrets will have to be drained and put in vaults too leaving bases defenseless, hence the temporary PvE setting I'm considering.

Another scheduling conflict occurred. This means I'll have to push back the date again. I've only got one day a week I'm available to do something on this scale for the servers and if something else comes up it typically gets priority unfortunately. However, this time it should be the last push back. I've slated the date for March 18th.

I've received 2 requests thus far. You guys still have several weeks, but the sooner I receive a request the easier it will be to schedule out how much time I need to allocate per server.

The stack mod change is coming up folks! It's still slated for March 18th.

On the weekend of March 9-11 I'll be setting up the special vaults and fridges for tribes that have contacted me already.

Currently I've been contacted by 3 tribes. Remember, if you don't contact me and your tribe has a base on The Island, Scorched Earth, or Ragnarok the affected stack mod items WILL BE DELETED automatically by the stack mod change.

Storage buildings for mod item swapping have been setup for those who have messaged me. As mentioned in messages to those who have contacted me, make sure the items are ready by March 17th. Mod swap date is March 18th and I'll be taking down servers one at a time to catalogue the items, swap the mods, and then replace the items.