Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Unban appeal for goldmac

To whom it may concern,

Today, after three years of inactivity, I fired up minecraft in order to join one of my most favoured communities- the happy diggers TFC server. Upon joining, I found myself in the jail server, which I thought to be rather strange indeed. Then I soon discovered that I was banned from the freebie tfc server. I quickly followed the mcbans link, which provided no evidence, let alone a reason for the ban. The link can be seen here: https://www.mcbans.com/ban/5513279 . I then consulted a moderator, by the name of Elborax, who informed me that I had a warning due to the use of foul language.

I was wondering if this ban was simply in error, as I am not on the server's ban list, a permanent ban for foul language is hardly justified, especially seeing as this occurred three years ago, and looking from the warning list, many users have received only a warning for much worse. I am, therefore asking my ban to be removed.

I would be grateful if this was rectified.
    Thank you in advance for reviewing my appeal.

Looking into the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainnmannx View Post
    Looking into the matter.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by goldmac View Post
    To whom it may concern,

Today, after three years of inactivity, I fired up minecraft in order to join one of my most favoured communities- the happy diggers TFC server. Upon joining, I found myself in the jail server, which I thought to be rather strange indeed. Then I soon discovered that I was banned from the freebie tfc server. I quickly followed the mcbans link, which provided no evidence, let alone a reason for the ban. The link can be seen here: https://www.mcbans.com/ban/5513279 . I then consulted a moderator, by the name of Elborax, who informed me that I had a warning due to the use of foul language.

I was wondering if this ban was simply in error, as I am not on the server's ban list, a permanent ban for foul language is hardly justified, especially seeing as this occurred three years ago, and looking from the warning list, many users have received only a warning for much worse. I am, therefore asking my ban to be removed.

I would be grateful if this was rectified.
    Thank you in advance for reviewing my appeal.
    The ban was not in error. You were warned about your language and you ignored the warning. Your ban is quite old, before we started posting evidence with every ban. Back then we only posted evidence if people opened a dispute on MCBans, which you didn't (good choice, now we can talk about things!). You can find the warning inside of a spoiler here. The mod, who will go anonymous for now (), messed up and didn't update that thread.

It is not your place (now that you are banned) to question the server rules. You can either choose to follow them, or not. Fact of the matter is that a huge amount of players who can't control themselves when it comes to typing in chat, also have a hard time following other server rules. This is one of the reasons why we are very strict when it comes to the kind of language players use on our servers. We don't care what you say to fellow players on other media (discord, skype, etc.) but on our servers and chat (except the channel for mature players on our TeamSpeak server) you are expected to follow our rules about language.

Here's InsaneJ's get out of jail for free tip of the day™
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    The ban was not in error. You were warned about your language and you ignored the warning. Your ban is quite old, before we started posting evidence with every ban. Back then we only posted evidence if people opened a dispute on MCBans, which you didn't (good choice, now we can talk about things!). You can find the warning inside of a spoiler here. The mod, who will go anonymous for now (), messed up and didn't update that thread.

It is not your place (now that you are banned) to question the server rules. You can either choose to follow them, or not. Fact of the matter is that a huge amount of players who can't control themselves when it comes to typing in chat, also have a hard time following other server rules. This is one of the reasons why we are very strict when it comes to the kind of language players use on our servers. We don't care what you say to fellow players on other media (discord, skype, etc.) but on our servers and chat (except the channel for mature players on our TeamSpeak server) you are expected to follow our rules about language.

Here's InsaneJ's get out of jail for free tip of the day™
    Spoiler!
    I wholly agree with the rules and I am more than willing to follow them. I apologise for my actions in the past and am willing to make amends. I apologise to every member of the community who were affected by my wrong-doing.

You should be unbanned now. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    You should be unbanned now. Good luck!
    Thank you, I look forward to once again becoming an active community member.