Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Huge Ask

A Huge Ask

Hello, I have a huge favour to ask of all of you. I recently returned to Happydiggers again after getting a computer that made playing viable, and I have continued work on my town buildings. I then realized that one of them is off center, which happens to really bother me. Here's the favour; can I get a staff member to shift it one block for me? I fully understand that server rules preclude people from asking the staff to use their powers to do things, but it would mean a lot to me. I can't move the building manually because I have a hot spring incorporated into it. I also understand that this sets a difficult precedent, and so this is obviously also a public matter. Anyways, if you could consider it, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    _DragonTamer

PS: If I was ever to blow all of any capital I've earned on the server in one go, it would be for this.
    Last edited by _DragonTamer; 6th May 2018 at 08:37.

Which building, exactly? Also, let's pretend I don't know which town you're talking about?

Does the building contain any chiseled blocks, containers or other TFC "machinery" and/or tile entities? Those can't be moved safely so you'd have to move those out of the way first. And even then, this is TFC so the building might just explode if we attempt to move it. If you're OK with that risk, then sure I'll give it a go.

Oh, don't forget to tell me which in direction it needs to be moved. One block, right?

Firstly, could you define "cant be moved safely" please? A lot of it is chiseled. Second, how big of a chance of destroying it are we talking? 50-50? It's the building to the west of my main road, the one called the Serenity lodge. I can show it to you now if you hop on. All the inventories can be cleared. Will sign text remain? It needs to all be moved one block to the west, and that includes the pool and spa which are below ground level.

If you want I can dig a hole so u can access the bottom corner and build a pillar to access the opposite one

You can see the number of chiseled blocks from the dynmap isometric view
    Last edited by _DragonTamer; 6th May 2018 at 09:29.

Chiseled blocks can't be moved, they glitch and turn invisible. Blocks that have a gravity effect will fall when moved and may destroy surrounding blocks. TFC machinery and containers tend to glitch out when moved.

The building has been moved.

Inventories and TFC machinery were moved first. Then a ton of chiseled blocks were replaced with non-chiseled blocks. Then the building above ground was moved and finally some work was done on the basement bath area.

Small problem, there are several places where I had covered jack o lanterns with a chiseled block to let light out while hiding the source, and I forgot to remove them pre-relocation. Now I can't place anything in those spots, but there isn't a block wire frame or anything visible

Edit, along the top of the northern wall there are empty spaces where chiseled marble used to be that can't be filled either :/
    Last edited by _DragonTamer; 9th May 2018 at 03:16.

I haven't read all the replies.. but wait a second: if the problem is only hot spring placement, IT CAN BE MOVED.
    Not above, but you can expand in any direction and move below

As far as I know the move was completed successfully. All that remained was re-chiselling the decorative blocks of the building.

So about blowing all that capital in one go...

Everything, including the hot spring was moved successfully. Like J said, all i had to do was re-chisel blocks. In the places where we forgot to break chiseled blocks before moving it, there were invisible, unbreakable blocks left post-move that J had to destroy for me.

Maybe not ALL my capital xD