Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why didn't you tell me this game looks like Minecraft! Well I guess I'm going to have to buy the game now. And might as well seeing as I'm hosting a server for it It sounds interesting though. For those of you, who like me, haven't read too much into this game yet:

Early Access Game

Get instant access and start playing; get involved with this game as it develops.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. Learn more

What the developers have to say:
    Why Early Access?

“PixARK isn’t your average sandbox / survival game - we’re going to be introducing a lot of experimental technology and features that will require extensive testing and iterating before we’re ready to ship them in a final product. We saw fantastic results with ARK’s time in Early Access, and we’re ready to once again work with the community to help make PixARK the best game it can be.” Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We plan on launching the full version of PixARK later this year.” How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“PixARK’s full release will have a great deal more content compared to when it first launches in Early Access. We have a clear roadmap for what we plan on achieving - we’ll be sharing more info on that roadmap as we progress through Early Access.” What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“PixARK’s core systems are all fully functional; our current build supports local single-player and online multiplayer on both official and private servers.” Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“PixARK will be sold at a discounted price during the Early Access period (subject to change, dependent on your Steam region).” How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“Acting on community feedback is a major part of our development process - we’ll be constantly scouring Steam Discussions, as well as other forums, subreddits, Twitter mentions, smoke signals, and more to make sure we have a clear idea of how the community wants to see PixARK develop.”

Name:  01.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  560.4 KB

Name:  02.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  1,013.5 KB

Name:  03.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  569.4 KB

Name:  04.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  312.0 KB

Name:  05.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  456.0 KB

Name:  06.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  576.6 KB

Name:  07.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  323.2 KB

Name:  08.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  637.0 KB

Name:  09.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  458.9 KB

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  480.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Why didn't you tell me this game looks like Minecraft!
    It looks like Minecraft on pink teen steroids But the idea itself is nice, hopefully they'll copy all the good dino mechanics from Ark at some point.

Thus far the test server is a success. The purpose was to monitor how much of the server's resources a PixARK server would require. This game is still in Early Access and there are many things that I can't change "yet" to improve the quality of the server world such as accelerated rates, but it's important to remember that we started the Ark Survival Evolved servers when that game was still early access as well. It was a bumpy road but the success and popularity of the ARK servers are self evident.

Though the current HappyDiggers PixARK server is a "Test Server", I see no reason to just convert it into our official PixARK server without resetting it. Currently I'm not ready to make that label change, but those interested should play it at full steam without reservations as I'll do my best to keep the same world.

Being a minecraft block derivative and a hard-set limited world there's only so much I can do about resources since multipliers are not functional. I can guarantee that when there is some method of block resource respawn capability or world size limitations are expanded officially or through moded support I'll make that change.

I may put this on the back burner until I receive some interest from players. It seems like the server isn't really being played right now. There was one point when the server wasn't updated for a week or so and I didn't get so much as a peep. If I'm wrong though please let me know. If I don't get any replies for a week or two I'll probably conclude the test server and focus on Ark instead until this game gets some mod support.