I managed to finagle a little time and try out the new PixARK game. This game would make a perfect addition to HappyDiggers for players that may not be as hardcore for Ark Survival Evolved. It has game mechanics of Ark and Minecraft but also has a whole slew of new original features such as a magic system and many new species like monsters in dungeons.

There isn't a whole lot of information about game servers other than what has been distributed by the developers and a few eager server admins. Since this game is in beta, it will be a lot like Ark was when we first installed The Island server. Meaning anything and everything could change with the drop of a hat. There is also no dev kit so mods are extremely limited (I've only found 2 unofficial mods). From what I can tell from both the configs and other server admins, the map size can't be edited. The worlds are randomly generated but are limited to 4096x4096 blocks. I'm betting in the future that will change.

For now I'm generating map seeds to find us a decent map with all biomes and hopefully all dungeons accounted for. When I find an appropriate map I'll post the IP for the server. The more people that can play the better so I can get a good idea of the server's resources we'll need for a proper PixARK world.

PixARK server: HappyDiggers.net:31015
This is a test server, so it may go offline intermittently while I make changes to it.