Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TFC Server Issues

I've been noticing issues i have every time I tp to a new place on the server. Can't move, use items, break blocks etc. For me it lasts up to 10 minutes sometimes. I have no idea what the issue is, but I don't think its on my side. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help

The server has been restarted. Try again?

The not being able to move thing seems to have been fixed. The not being able to use items or break blocks or chat has not. But those are far less annoying.
    Thanks,
    _DT
    Last edited by _DragonTamer; 3rd July 2018 at 08:36.

Update:
    Just had a new player jump on. right after welcoming them, they mentioned they were having terrible ping, and before I could ask them where they were they said they couldnt play and left. Described similar problems as I have been experiencing.

_DT

I've been going over server and firewall logs and can't find anything wrong on this end. Here's a graph showing the average round trip latency between my firewall and the Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AIX):
    Name:  WAN quality graph.png
Views: 181
Size:  54.9 KB

Latency from the AIX to my firewall is about 2ms and there's not packet loss recorded. So either there is none, or very little.

Could you go to http://www.speedtest.net/ then select a server in Amsterdam and perform a download/upload/latency test.

Then try downloading a couple of files here and see how the speeds compare: http://speedtest.tweak.nl/

Please post the results.

Ping: 171ms Download: 9.9 Mbps Upload: 9.44 Mbps

The second link lead me to a page with download links of different sizes. clicking on any of them lead to a screen saying "Request denied from outside of our network"