Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donor Drive

Donor Drive

Since you guys always want more, we need more
    There have been talks of adding more ARK servers lately and I'm pretty sure we need to spruce up our Minecraft servers as well. To facilitate this our server needs more RAM. Right now it has 4x8GB plus 4x16GB for a total of 96GB of RAM. To upgrade the RAM we need to replace the 4x8GB with 4x16GB of RAM. That will cost somewhere around 700 euro. And since Paypal always eats up a bit of the donations, I've set the goal to 750.

So if you want to support us in general, or for the specific purpose of upgrading the server's RAM. Now is the time to do so! People have sort of pledged 400 euro so far. Now let's see how fast we can fill up that thermoter.

Please use one of the donation options on our Home page. I've kicked things off with a donation of 150 euro.

Four donations (including my own) have been made thus far. Thanks for your generosity guys

Another donation received, bringing the total to 300 euro

I've been wondering about posting the donation details. In the past some people were hesitant about having their names and an amount posted online which is why I haven't posted those details publicly. Only staff members get to see those details.

For now I think I'll hold of on posting details publicly since the volume of donors isn't super high. This would mean that if someone donates and I posted their name without an amount, it would still be very easy to figure out who donated how much. Instead I'll post the details for staff members only and when the donor drive is done I'll list all the people who donated publicly, unless someone requests to remain anonymous.

I have zero spare cash rn, but I'll do my best to send some your way with my next paycheck. Thanks!

Another donation received. We're now past the half-way mark

400 Euro so far, only 350 to go!

Quote Originally Posted by insanej View Post
    another donation received. We're now past the half-way mark

400 euro so far, only 350 to go!
    woot!

150 euro was donated bringing the total up to 550

50 euro was donated bringing the total to 600

Another 10 euro donated!

Good news everyone!

Amazon had an offer on 64GB of Corsair memory where their price was 40% lower than the second lowest price elsewhere. Because of that I was able to purchase it with the current amount of donations received. According to MSI's website it should be compatible with the server's motherboard. Although it's not the same memory as the other 4x16GB, I don't expect any problems there.

The memory should arrive somewhere next week. Then it's up to me to install it and up to Jiro to start making new memory hungry ARK servers