Wildlife Reserve and Animal Despawns

Hi Everyone,

Recently I have established the Serenity Nature Reserve, home to deer, pheasants, and soon, bear(s). The park, while not complete, is open to visitors.

The only problem is I want it to stay their home and not have them despawn per Elborax's warnings. As advised, I tied them each to posts, but the ropes have since disappeared and the animals are again free to wander. I can't name them because their familiarization can only reach 30%.

So, will they despawn if left unattended and untied in a pen and if so, how do I prevent that from happening?

Thanks,
    _DT

From the wiki:
    https://1710-wiki.terrafirmacraft.com/Animal_Husbandry

Sneaking and looking directly at an animal will display a familiarity indicator. The indicator will fill with red as familiarity increases, turning gold when it has reached either the cap for the adult animal, or 100%. A white border around the indicator means that the animal has reached at least 30%, and that the familiarity will no longer decrease if the animal is not periodically familiarized.

_DT, you misunderstood me. I told you to tie them just ONCE to prevent despawning. That's how I remember it was done with wild animals.

Other note is that I told you to keep the animals tied to the posts in designated chunks until you make proper pens for them.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

Oh, just once? Great!

The pens are under construction as we speak