I need help connecting to the server

every time i try to get on a server it says this [size=medium][size=medium]internal exception: java.net.socketexception:connection reset[/size][/size] what do i need to do to fix this?

RE: I need help connecting to the server

Which server, and on the vanilla it's that way for me.

You need 1.3.1 to get on vanilla and 1.2.5 to get on towny. You can't connect on towny if you have 1.3.1 and you can't connect on vanila if you have 1.2.5.

Fortunately you can use both. Read the Snapshot Server - Installation howto thread on how to use the Digiex launcher.

Ok that makes sense, and I already have it fortunately.

Ok, Let me start here, when i try to connect to minecraft it says Can't connect to minecraft.net, Well ok i look at my Internet seems fine but then i go to the Network and Sharing center I check Wireless Network connection says internet but it also says No network access then i check Local area connection says internet but No network access i check both computers same thing.....it's kinda storming, if that has anything to do with it but idk, idk if i need to reset my router, wait or what, So if anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.

Nvm....It's fixed by me turning the surge protector off and then back on again, Sorry for hijacking the thread with my stupidity,It's fixed but it says on IPV6 no internet access but whatever.

Don't worry, you are not using IPv6 so it's no problem that it's not connected. In fact, right now you can safely disable it.