Thread: S+ Question

S+ Question

With the S+ Converter the item states "Convert vanilla structures and blueprints to their S+ counterpart and vice versa." I think this is pretty straight forward, any item listed as a structure such as walls, pipes, generator, standing torch and so forth should be able to be converted to its counterpart. I can convert stone and wood structure items, but I cannot convert a standing torch which I have the engram learned. If I take an item I have a blueprint for, it says you need to learn the engram. Why have blueprints then?

The point? Can this be fixed?

~Khajera

Quote Originally Posted by Khajera View Post
    With the S+ Converter the item states "Convert vanilla structures and blueprints to their S+ counterpart and vice versa." I think this is pretty straight forward, any item listed as a structure such as walls, pipes, generator, standing torch and so forth should be able to be converted to its counterpart. I can convert stone and wood structure items, but I cannot convert a standing torch which I have the engram learned. If I take an item I have a blueprint for, it says you need to learn the engram. Why have blueprints then?

The point? Can this be fixed?

~Khajera
    Convenience for the most part. Blueprints can craft from the crafting inventory, engrams require selection. Engram checks also prevent unrestricted access to things beyond a player's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    Convenience for the most part. Blueprints can craft from the crafting inventory, engrams require selection. Engram checks also prevent unrestricted access to things beyond a player's level.

Make sense. I was playing around with it yesterday. I guess the the idea isn't to get around the engram, but to make the item w/o materials. I was thinking it would convert the blueprint to a s+ item and therefore bypass the engram, since that is essentially what a blueprint does. It did take the item, if I had the engram learned and created the item. I made one item I didn't have the mats for, but I do have more I can test it on. Still weird how it doesn't work on everything labeled a structure.... or I just could have forgotten to relearn that one when we wiped my character.

Thanks Jiro