Player info reset, and spawn area changed on freebieTFC

I logged on the FreebieTFC server at about 5:05pm CET, and I spawned in the new player area instead of where I last logged off.
    My inventory was gone, my achievements, statistics, and level were reset, and my sethome point was deleted.

Also, the area around spawn looked different. There are now a lot of new trees outside of the spawn building, and some of the land has changed slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjaskin View Post
    Also, the area around spawn looked different. There are now a lot of new trees outside of the spawn building, and some of the land has changed slightly.
    This is probably unrelated to your problem. Certain players have taken initiative to make the spawn area nicer by planting new trees and filling holes after others.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

Quote Originally Posted by Elbe97 View Post
    This is probably unrelated to your problem. Certain players have taken initiative to make the spawn area nicer by planting new trees and filling holes after others.

No, I think something else is wrong.

There is a clean line around spawn where the terrain elevation changes. The changed terrain looks untouched, with trees, berries and flowers where there were none before. It looks like freshly generated chunks. There are even floating tree leaf blocks that were cut off by the clean line between spawn chunks and new chunks.

You'll have to log on and see for yourself, but it is definitely not just players planting trees.

Looks like few chunks got corrupted there. Some were indeed regenerated. Your loss of player data was probably related.

Please let me know about the things you have lost. Can post a list here in this thread or send me a PM.

Spawn area is fixed. Thanks for reporting
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

Thanks for your help.

I lost my inventory, levels, skills, achievments, and player statistics.

I'm not worried about the inventory items. They're replaced easily enough. But I would like everything else back the way it was, if possible.

I've played over 200 hours on this server with 0 deaths, so my level was pretty high. Mid-60s last time I checked. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what my skills or stats were.

Your player.dat has been restored from backup. Could you check to see if that resolves the issue?

My inventory, skills, and level are restored!

Achievments and statistics weren't fixed, but I can live with that.

I was most concerned about losing my skills, because they take so long to level up.

Thanks for your help, guys!