Thread: Dead Eggs??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dead Eggs??

Trying to hatch some eggs. They go poof no babies. Any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by Khajera View Post
    Trying to hatch some eggs. They go poof no babies. Any clues?
    What dino type are they? When were they created? Did you utilize any modded items such as S+ fridges for storage or S+ hatchery? I'm not sure what the cause would be, but knowing more info about the life cycle of the eggs leading up to the hatching could help point to a possible bug source.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    What dino type are they? When were they created? Did you utilize any modded items such as S+ fridges for storage or S+ hatchery? I'm not sure what the cause would be, but knowing more info about the life cycle of the eggs leading up to the hatching could help point to a possible bug source.

Well first off a female arge was mated with a male arge. Together they made an egg. That egg popped out which was then picked up by the s+ hatchery. There it sat until it was almost ready, then it was moved every so carefully and put into the s+fridge. There it sat waiting patiently for oh.... a few months .. ok a lot of months until the day it was to be hatched. I dropped every so gently to the ground waited on baited breath as the timer ticked down then POOF! be gone .. no more egg, no babies, no circle of life.

Anyway ....
    I had used the s+ hatchery when they were created and stored in the s+ fridge. They've been there for quite a while. The ones that I tried wereargentavis, pteradon, dimorph and glowtail. Was just sad because I don't have a couple of the parents anymore.

Overall it was weird. If they're bad it's all good. Nothing lasts forever LOL. But if it's a bug then it can be fixed and it doesn't happen to someone else.
    Last edited by Khajera; 6th February 2020 at 19:56.

Well first off a female arge was mated with a male arge. Together they made an egg. That egg popped out which was then picked up by the s+ hatchery. There it sat until it was almost ready, then it was moved every so carefully and put into the s+fridge. There it sat waiting patiently for oh.... a few months .. ok a lot of months until the day it was to be hatched. I dropped every so gently to the ground waited on baited breath as the timer ticked down then POOF! be gone .. no more egg, no babies, no circle of life.

Anyway ....
    I had used the s+ hatchery when they were created and stored in the s+ fridge. They've been there for quite a while. The ones that I tried wereargentavis, pteradon, dimorph and glowtail. Was just sad because I don't have a couple of the parents anymore.

Overall it was weird. If they're bad it's all good. Nothing lasts forever LOL. But if it's a bug then it can be fixed and it doesn't happen to someone else.

Did you use transfer tool to put them from hatchery to fridge? If you did they get like the health to 0% and the baby dies in the egg it happend to me once.

Quote Originally Posted by Nem View Post
    Did you use transfer tool to put them from hatchery to fridge? If you did they get like the health to 0% and the baby dies in the egg it happend to me once.

I transferred from my inventory. The only time I use the tool is when I've been out farming.

**I figured it out. I didn't know that we had actually set the 100 limit on the dinos**
    Last edited by Khajera; 7th February 2020 at 04:21.

I transferred from my inventory. The only time I use the tool is when I've been out farming.

**I figured it out. I didn't know that we had actually set the 100 limit on the dinos**
    Did this happen on Crystal Isles?

It looks like the config was setup incorrectly for dino limits on CI. It's supposed to be 100, but it only applies to platform dinos which each count as 5 (therefore limiting platform dinos per tribe to 20). The option was unchecked on CI, but was checked on the other two servers. I've fixed the error and restarted the server.