Article: Snapshot server auto-update

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Wow, this is awesome!

This seems to be working well so far. The Snapshot server has been automatically updated twice in the last two days:

2020-03-25 18:41:42 Current server version: 20w12a
    2020-03-25 18:41:42 New Minecraft snapshot found: 20w13a
    2020-03-26 15:00:17 Current server version: 20w13a
    2020-03-26 15:00:17 New Minecraft snapshot found: 20w13b

I've also updated the server script to poke Botje into making a post on the forum when the Snapshot server is updated. We'll see if that works the next time the server updates

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    This automation is getting out hand I wonder what marvels gonna be there in a year

Here is an idea: a text-only widget on HD website, kinda a window into an MC server, e.g. Vanilla, so I can control my char by text commands in game, like those ancient games did:

Code:
    You spawned on the server
    > look left
    A zombie is walking towards you, distance 5 blocks
    > start swinging sword
    Zombie died. You picked up zombie flesh and 1.6 XP
    > look right
    A wall under construction in 5 blocks, looks like:
    # # # 
    ######
    > select cobblestone
    Selected, slot 7
    > place cobblestone on wall
    Placed, here is your wall now:
    # # # #
    #######

Does anyone know if Mojang puts up a list of added features automatically? I've just added a function to get the list of fixed issues from https://bugs.mojang.com but I can't seem to find something similar but for the new features.

I know there's a Knowledge Base article, but I think that's updated manually and there doesn't seem to be an easy to parse feed for it. I could just parse the HTML, but if they drastically change that page it'll get messy pretty quickly.

Fixed a small bug where not all parameters were passed to the web server resulting in the forum post not getting through. I still need to manually add the part that describes the snapshot, the fixed issues I can pull automatically.