Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trouble Logging in and Theft Recovery

Hi guys,
    I find myself stuck at home indefinitely and I would love to get some work done on my town. Unfortunately, I can't seem to log on to the TFC server, is it down?

Also, a while back I logged on and found all of my red and blue steel missing. Turns out kdeionic04 took all of it from the town workshop and has it (I assume) somewhere in his new town. He neither mined the materials nor processed the steel. I left him warning at the time I discovered it missing that I needed it back, and it has not been returned. I'm sure he just hasn't been on (can't check) and isn't trying to hoard it but one way or another I do need it back. I would open a ticket but I can't log on.

Hope you're staying well in these crazy times, and thanks for your help
    _DT

Update: For whatever reason I have now been able to get on the server, not sure what changed but I guess I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Kdeionic04 has not returned my ingots but HAS logged on since receiving the warning and HAS left the town he was in.

Due to the age of the incident and since the person was part of the town, nothing will be done with this.
    There are plenty of protections that can be placed on personal items, lockette and towny perms, if you cant trust someone with access would advise you not to give them access.

I mean hundreds of ingots were taken. I understand the age of the incident is an issue but I didn't realize I couldn't trust him and I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on theft. I'm sorry the ingots have vanished, I would much rather they could be found without having an issue with this particular player, but their absence severely handicaps my ability to play.

Edit: I have read through about half of the recorded ban logs on the forum. You are correct, a time span of several months IS unprecedented, with the closest I can find being a 49 day prism log regarding some griefing done by cap174 in March of 2015. But the issue of taking items from a public place improperly has been decided before several times, with Matthemagicmat in November of 2014 being disciplined as well as a couple of others for taking misusing/stealing public goods. Town policy on public material use is posted on the message board by town spawn and has not changed for quite some time, and clearly states that players must return public goods they used before leaving town. Players are always required to read all of the town rules and express understanding before joining, and I specifically remember my conversation with Kdeionic04.
    Last edited by _DragonTamer; 15th April 2020 at 07:39.

The evidence you provided is from I think you said September 2019, it shows log entries that are 32 days old. After taking the screenshots, you wait another month for the player to respond to your message. That's two months after the original incident. Fast forward to March 2020, you come back after several months of inactivity reporting this ancient case you did not care to let us know about before. Suddenly, we are not talking about 49 days, rather 200+ days.

Ad "statute of limitations": It is a system feature rather than a policy. Yes, the database entries are not here forever.

You took the responsibility to solve the problem yourself when you did not let the staff know as soon as you found out that you were stolen from. Let's move on.
    My common IGNs: Elbe97 / Elborax / Elbor

THe FouR HoRSeMeN oF THe aPoCaLYPSe:

I'm sure everyone understands that people lead busy lives, including myself and all the staff here. I don't mean to waste time. I will admit I forgot about the incident while I was not playing, but I do need those ingots. The fact is that they're gone, and stolen nonetheless. I want to continue working on my town, but my pick is almost broken. The ingots hold hours and hours of play time spent mining and processing, and their loss is not insignificant.

I don't really care what happens to kdeionic, but I don't understand why it would be difficult for the ingots to be replaced. Is it that there's not enough proof they were taken? I mean, the evidence is old but it's still there.

Between the prism logs, my in game mailbox, and the hole in my ingot shelves I don't know what's missing. I'm sorry for the delay in notifying you, I am. I had hoped for an amenable resolution with kdeionic, I had hoped there'd been a simple miscommunication. I had hoped he would return the ingots in the time I gave him. But no, he saw my message and he did not return them, while at the same time I forgot to check in.