For the past couple of years now, I think, we've been working on a new Bukkit/Spigot server. And although a lot of progress has been made, it has never been finished enough to open to the public.

So I've decided to start over again. But this time we're going to come out with a simple spawn area on a magnificent world seed and skip all the other things we had planned. Well maybe except for the Island World (skyblock) because that's simple enough to setup.

The world and spawn area have been setup in a 1.17 world which you can view on Dynmap and the screenshot below:
https://mc.happydiggers.net/

Name:  MC_server_spawn_1.png
Views: 270
Size:  4.80 MB

We start you of on an island in a small warm sea biome. Boats will be provided. From there on out it's regular survival Minecraft using Towny to claim and protect plots of land.

Right now the world is generated in Minecraft 1.17. I'm waiting for the 1.18 release so I can regenerate the world using the same seed. I think we should be able to upgrade the world as well, but I'd rather just start fresh to avoid terrain generation issues altogether. For this I'l just save the region file that contains spawn and delete the rest. Then upgrade the spawn area and generate everything else. That shouldn't take too much time to complete.

So for now we need the following:
  • Minecraft 1.18
  • Spigot updated to Minecraft 1.18
  • Plugins updated for the new Spigot version.
  • Regenerate the world for 1.18.
  • Open the server and never take this long to get a server done ever again

oh, and we should probably update those server intro and server commands videos from the server info thread at some point because those are out of date.