Dynmap
    Make old maps accessable through Multiverse
    Make videos
    Add more crimes
    Adjust settings to make play better
    Last edited by DOM; 26th August 2012 at 21:49. Reason: Update on progress

Sounds cool. I love factions. I usually see it on pvp servers though :/

Ok. Have a few idea that I slept on...

1. Jail that you need to be caught to be sent to (and have to pay to get out of...).
    2. A similar Jail system to the version on the Prison Servers (Sorry Marius... I love the idea!).
    3. MODS are no longer powerful, just basic enforcers (Police) that can have FUN with their jobs now (catching bad guys).
    4. Multiple groups for people to join (bad guys, good citizens, etc.)
    5. Class system based upon PvP (This will change your tag so that MODS can search for you).
    6. Might switch to Towny again to help with some concerns on gameplay (even though I like the thought of PvP and stealing money from players).
    7. Limited Area (Maybe 1600x1600).

I like the idea of a small map to do things in. But I have some questions.

What do players do most of the time? Is it PVP oriented or gather/building oriented or something in between? Are groups meant harass each other to steal the other people's stuff? And if that is allowed, what's the catching bad guys for?

The idea I'm getting from your posts is that there's a small (1600x1600) island where groups of players reside. Some groups do gather/building/trading, other groups do PVP and harass others. The mods try to catch the bad guys and send them to jail.

That sounds to me pretty much like what the Towny server currently is, except that the jail is meant as punishment instead of another gameplay experience.

Could you write out a small scenario for the various groups you have in mind? I'd like to know your thoughts on the various gameplay elements.

Basically... The current plans are:

Keep Towny and an economy (using emeralds instead of fake currency tho).
    Make a script that puts people into separate groups depending on the bad things they do (murder specifically)
    Limit all comand use as much as possible (excluding Towny)
    Make the jail a small version of the Prison server (which you can get out of ONLY by paying).
    Make the change as easy as possible. for players

All details that I will be working on will be in the original post as soon as they are final.

I like all of your ideas DOM except the idea of making the server 1600 by 1600. I think the server should be the same size as it.
    Also, I think you should do a little more with the emerald, and add it to your shop.

PS. What is the size of the server now?

The usable size right now is limited to about 30million by 30 million blocks. Beyond that terrain is still being generated, but it has no physics. There is not lightning, grass and trees do not grow, mobs don't spawn, etc. You can visit the 4 corners of the map by using the teleportals in Aurora Tower. Just be carefull not to fall of the map

Dom mentioned last night that he was thinking about having a 1600x1600 safe zone. In this zone griefing, PVP and other nasty things are not allowed. Outside of this area everything goes. Mods will not enforce any rules outside of the safe zone. That means griefing, PVP, stealing, anything is allowed.

This will allow of people to safely build their stuff. And other people who are feeling adventurous can risk all they have 'out there'.

Name:  2012-08-25_17.20.10.png
Views: 211
Size:  887.2 KB\

Spawn location. Any name ideas?

How about: Lakeside

I was still here, banning a couple of spam bots....

*shakes fist at spammers*

Noob came up with "ValleySprings"

Using that!