Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Weekly Snapshots ???

so having just saw the weekly snapshot of Ocelot's being added that can be tamed with raw fish that turns them into domestic cats ...
    i must say i am not impressed what is that about ,need more hostile mobs i think ..OK they fit with the jungle biome but well like said im not fussed to be honest [attachment=1]

let us know what you think, then each week we will post what is in the new snapshots and see what the others think

other things mentioned this week are xp potions ..and what i thought was ghast fireballs for creative mode ,, but missed it and now cant find it

so come on comment below let us know what you think !!
    [size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]

RE: Weekly Snapshots ???

I think it's great they're adding more mobs, hostile or not. Also I really like the idea of a junble biome with huge trees and dense vegetation.... it'll burn so nicely

But what I'm really waiting for is an ice biome where all the water is frozen. Kinda like the nether where water can't exist, only without the lava and fire and the burning and the dying horrible deaths. Can you imagine a cave system in ice? Maybe it could have frozen mobs, trapped in the ice, that you could then unfreeze. Or perhaps use water as a trap to freeze mobs.

So yeah, more biomes and mobs is generally a good thing imo.

As for the crafting and XP things, that hasn't really gotten my attention yet. Somehow I don't think it fits the feel of Minecraft. You know: mining and gathering recourses, crafting tools and things to build your world with. Then all of a sudden 'magic' is introduced. Somehow it just doesn't fit. But there are a lot of people who do like to enchant things so I guess there's an audience for it

By ice Biome I think you might mean Glacier.

Plus, like wordie, I would like to see one or two or maybe three new hostile mobs being added... Maybe like a ghost for Strongholds or Something like a something like that. Might even make the game a little scary lol.

Red face RE: Weekly Snapshots ???

well this weeks snapshot looks quite cool from what i have seen

first is cat noise at last

zombies knocking wooden doors down and chasing testificates (not sure on spelling lol )

testificates also interact with each other as well as going inside when dark and raining

door pressure plates now work on each door in double door form

and mobs now drop random items skele drop bows, pigmen gold bars and swords and a few others drop items

and they raising the sky lvl but not in this snapshot

thats just what seen up to yet but all to be implemented in 1.2 that say is coming real soon

all neat and all i think that the creature is cute and would like to see more. but I would like a bit more of a challenge at time in the game so either more dangers or hostile mobs would be cool to keep me on guard even as a mod.... I like the idea of a section made of nothing but ice but not sure how all the physics would effect the player since to have water freeze even in three seconds would do serious damage in the real life. but I guess since its minecraft it would just make is awesome to live in a ice cave.... hmmmm maybe a project I should try when I get back to being active. ^.^
    \"To never ask is to never know,
    To never know is to be lost,
    And to be lost you never asked.\"

so what i can gather from this weeks snapshot ...im reading on my phone so not 100% clear and im doing this from my phone and my terrible memory

the sky height has been risen to 255 i think it said
    villages now repopulate to how many houses there are after zombie attacks ,yes they fall in love and breed baby testificates (is that right lol ) .
    they also now have meetings/conversations in the streets
    a new block is a lamp made with glowstone and surrounded by 4 bits of redstone these give out a light lvl of 14 and are operated by a switch or redstone wiring for on/off lighting (cool will help with spawners and dungeons )
    lots of bug fixes but what they are you will have to check up on

plenty more stuff but mainly all for the biomes sky increase

one big problem is that lighting is screwed up at the mo so can tunnel and no need for touches ..

i have a feeling that 1.2 is on the horizon would not be surprised if see it within week or two

I haven't tried any of the snapshots since 1.1. But I'm getting pretty excited for some of the new features.

The jungle biome looks awesome. The new kittens are great since they seem to be the opposite of Creepers. They are cute and they repel Creepers which is just genius!
    More headspace is a nice thing to have as well. As soon as Dom upgrades the server to 1.2, I'll build a huge tower to fill up the extra sky