Thread: Duplicating

Duplicating

Apparently people have been using towny to duplicate items such as tnt.
    Flying told me how to do so I'm gonna post the two screen shots I took. Flying even told me mady uses it to get lots of tnt (using you as a example because both flying and noob said you do it).

Where flying said mady uses it.

How to do it

RE: Duplicating

it is a part of towny, so technically isnt cheating, but is abusing the purpose of towny. i dont think its actually possible to fix without the removal of towny itself. I would like to point out that this works with mostly all natural blocks and some hand made ones, like tnt. The creators of towny must know about it because iron blocks, gold blocks, diamond blocks or diamond ore are not duplicable. However, where i said i had 'tried' it on the old map, i used 1 iron ore and 1 gold ore and they came back. it is a clear problem that wont be easy to fix, but then again i dont know much about how towny works so i could be wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by flyinginstyle
    it is a part of towny, so technically isnt cheating, but is abusing the purpose of towny. i dont think its actually possible to fix without the removal of towny itself. I would like to point out that this works with mostly all natural blocks and some hand made ones, like tnt. The creators of towny must know about it because iron blocks, gold blocks, diamond blocks or diamond ore are not duplicable. However, where i said i had 'tried' it on the old map, i used 1 iron ore and 1 gold ore and they came back. it is a clear problem that wont be easy to fix, but then again i dont know much about how towny works so i could be wrong..
    As you said it is abusing our rights of towny. If people use it to get blocks that are used for evil doings then it is just bad.

If possible this thread should be restricted to mods and above or just sent as a pm IMO, a good exploit to point out that needs to be fixed but I see this upsetting a few balance issues on the short time till it's fixed.
    \"To never ask is to never know,
    To never know is to be lost,
    And to be lost you never asked.\"

Video of how people do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQ_0sSAU1w&list=UU8yK1tpzA4aHAZV6njyknEg& index=1&feature=plcp

I can fix this. it will be done. in a few minutes. what other blocks do u guys want to block? (no pun intended...)

Quote Originally Posted by DOM
    I can fix this. it will be done. in a few minutes. what other blocks do u guys want to block? (no pun intended...)
    Any that can actually cause harm. then hard to find ones such as nether rock,nether brick,etc

dom, i think maybe iron ore and gold ore should be, considering diamond ore already is..

honestly anything where people can take the advantage or make proper money off of it should be taken out of the loop. honestly the only thing that should respawn is dirt and cobblestone if people are going to do this. I would rather have to use cobble tools all the time and hunt or trade for ores and minerals then let people do this.
    \"To never ask is to never know,
    To never know is to be lost,
    And to be lost you never asked.\"