Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Life after Prison - Ideas Discussion.

Hello fellow Inmates /Ex-Inmates

Prison is fun isn't it? :P Haha, who are we kidding? We all can't wait to get out of there! But what do we actually get when we get out of Prison and become a free prisoner? Well, I recently earned my rank as a free prisoner and to tell you the truth, it isn't all that great. There isn't much to do in the free world. You can't private anything, you can't set homes or any of the basic things. So lets discuss some ideas here as to what we can do when we get out of prison in the free world.

A well liked idea by everyone is the idea of Factions. For those of you who don't know what factions are, they are like clans or guilds. It allows you to create your own faction or join someone else's and have fun as a group The moderator of a faction can claim land and then build anything they want in their faction. Its a lot of fun when you have lots of members :P You can battle other factions and loot all their belongings

To see a list of commands that factions allow you to have, take a look here http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions

Another idea I personally think will be fun is the Economy(iConomy) plugin. This is where you will have a currency system and you can buy and sell things by making your own shops. It's a lot of fun! Sometimes you can even buy plots or ranks on the server.. So the higher the amount of money you make, the more important you will be

To see a lost of commands that you can use, take a look here: http://iconomy.nexua.org/Main/Commands

So these are my ideas on how we can make the server more interesting and fun after we get out of prison. So far not many people are free prisoners yet.. so this will be a great time to make the change. If everyone becomes free and finds that they have nothing interesting to do, that will suck!

Feel free to leave your own suggestions, ideas and comments on here so the guards/moderators know what we want Don't hesitate to add anything you want, they dont' bite :P

So what do you want to see in the free world on the server?

Thanks for the ideas

I'm not familiar with factions myself. We used to have a Towny server where people could start towns, that could later grow into nations, where people could claim plots and build in protected areas.

We changed from iConomy to BOSEconomy a while ago because iConomy was deleting everybody's money. It's a known problem that will never get fixed(the author of the plugin sais so himself). Basically BOSEconomy does the same thing, and has a couple of extra features like banks which are kinda nice. You can read more about it here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/boseconomy/

Are people interested in having a Towny/factions server after Prison? Or are there other ideas people have? How about PVP or PVE arenas? Maybe more spleef? How about something where you get jobs to do in order to get paid?

All ideas are welcome so discuss!

New Spawned

My ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageDreamer View Post
    Hello fellow Inmates /Ex-Inmates

Prison is fun isn't it? :P Haha, who are we kidding? We all can't wait to get out of there! But what do we actually get when we get out of Prison and become a free prisoner? Well, I recently earned my rank as a free prisoner and to tell you the truth, it isn't all that great. There isn't much to do in the free world. You can't private anything, you can't set homes or any of the basic things. So lets discuss some ideas here as to what we can do when we get out of prison in the free world.

A well liked idea by everyone is the idea of Factions. For those of you who don't know what factions are, they are like clans or guilds. It allows you to create your own faction or join someone else's and have fun as a group The moderator of a faction can claim land and then build anything they want in their faction. Its a lot of fun when you have lots of members :P You can battle other factions and loot all their belongings

To see a list of commands that factions allow you to have, take a look here http://massivecraft.com/plugins/factions

Another idea I personally think will be fun is the Economy(iConomy) plugin. This is where you will have a currency system and you can buy and sell things by making your own shops. It's a lot of fun! Sometimes you can even buy plots or ranks on the server.. So the higher the amount of money you make, the more important you will be

To see a lost of commands that you can use, take a look here: http://iconomy.nexua.org/Main/Commands

So these are my ideas on how we can make the server more interesting and fun after we get out of prison. So far not many people are free prisoners yet.. so this will be a great time to make the change. If everyone becomes free and finds that they have nothing interesting to do, that will suck!

Feel free to leave your own suggestions, ideas and comments on here so the guards/moderators know what we want Don't hesitate to add anything you want, they dont' bite :P

So what do you want to see in the free world on the server?
    I LOVE THIS PLAN! LOL
    I don't know if these require plugins or not :P

On YouTube I saw a game called Capture to tower of pimps, Yawningneko showed me. You go on equal teams like red vs blue. Its a arena where you have 2 sides where they start off with ..... I'll send the link..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8jdk22coLo
    I want to play this badly! So please consider this idea, but please give credit whoever made this!

And I like the idea of buying and selling stuff, so can you also make a 'mall' maybe or something where you can still have a use for money when your free because I don't want the money go to waste.

Yawningneko has also suggested a Railway station which can take you to landmarks such as the Mining area or the upcoming ideas.

I also agree everything with TeenageDreamer!
    So I don't have anymore ideas right now. Please CONSIDER THESE AWESOME THOUGHTS!

I guess it's too much trouble for most people to go to the forums and discuss the server they've been playing on for weeks

Anyway, I understand why people wouldn't want their money to go to waste after spending so much time working to get it in prison. But that also means we can't sell stuff like plots/towns/nations/items for cheap since you can easily make a lot of money inside prison.

Right now I'm considering Towny instead of factions. The reason for this is that factions is more player oriented. It's better for PVP servers. Generally speaking factions servers attract more people you don't really want to play with. While Towny is more economy oriented and stimulates cooperation to build towns/nations/etc.

Factions is easier to set up then Towny. But I think having Towny will be more fun in the long run.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I guess it's too much trouble for most people to go to the forums and discuss the server they've been playing on for weeks

Anyway, I understand why people wouldn't want their money to go to waste after spending so much time working to get it in prison. But that also means we can't sell stuff like plots/towns/nations/items for cheap since you can easily make a lot of money inside prison.

Right now I'm considering Towny instead of factions. The reason for this is that factions is more player oriented. It's better for PVP servers. Generally speaking factions servers attract more people you don't really want to play with. While Towny is more economy oriented and stimulates cooperation to build towns/nations/etc.

Factions is easier to set up then Towny. But I think having Towny will be more fun in the long run.

Any thoughts?

approves this

Most people have requested Factions, so I've installed that. Hope you guys enjoy it :B

Factions has been treating me good the past few hours. Set up my faction, a base, and a roller coaster.

Don't blame me for using creative though! If I have it, I'll use it B) If I wasn't supposed to have it, then it would have been removed :P

Anyways, I'm hoping my faction will be able to be used to help the new escapees get started in the outside world, hence the name "Escapees". So, I'll be asking users > elite if they want to join, and I'll help them out in the new land for them to venture in

Also, j, could you set up a warp for free players to get back into the prison? Since there is not one that I could find
    Last edited by demman8; 9th December 2012 at 07:10.

You put me in a difficult position.

Yes I gave you creative mode to help me build the free spawn village. No you weren't supposed to use creative beyond that. You used it to gain a ton of money, and now you've started your own faction with that money.

So I have deleted your player.dat file and reset your bank account. This will effectively take all the things you got from creative away from you. I have decided to not roll back the stuff you made. Your base does look quite nice actually and I'm happy that you decided not to give up on building things. You're getting better at it

Also the rules will have to be changed for the new situation with Factions. I see you and TeenageDreamer have put up signs warning people not to grief. I am going to allow grief, and PVP, and stealing, and everything else. This is a factions server. The factions should deal with these things themselves and not hide behind rules. Factions can set their own permissions so if you don't want people grieving your stuff, claim the land and set the permissions.

I will add Lockette to the server for the simple reason that you can't defend your stuff if you're not on the server while thieves come around. But other then that: outside of prison there are no rules.

I'm sorry! I asked for creative and my money to be removed in a different topic, but it never happened. I haven't seen you on the prison, so I could never ask there as well, and I got bored
    Last edited by demman8; 9th December 2012 at 19:49.

New Spawned
    Btw, what are Towny servers?
    And can you please consider making a warp in the Free Village to get back into the prison? I thought there could have been an entrance to the prison but I was wrong...
    I had to die and lose my exp so please do something if your not busy.