Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Towny is kind of like factions. Where factions is all about PVP, chaos and anarchy. Towny is more about building towns, nations and player cooperation. Although both can do PVP and cooperative building, one is better for PVP and the other is better for building

Actually I think we should prevent people that are free from entering prison. The reason for this is that outsiders can bring items into prison that give them and other prisoners an unfair advantage. And yes I know babymel, you would never do such a thing of course. But as you can see in this other thread a lot of other people have no problem screwing with the server and everybody in it.

Why do you want to go back to prison? Is it because of the players still inside or is it because you still want to use the mines and shops?

New Spawned
    I want to go back to prison to sell, mine for some iron or gold So maybe you could build something like that in the Free World?
    Plus the Towny sounds quite good! I would like to see more towns in the free world.

Also my friend has been saying a million times about she can't get out of the prison She says she can only get into mine C not elite so she can't go to the Free world. Can you please help her?

There won't be a way back out there for a few reasons one of them being what J said.

Another reason is that shops will be different from those you find in prison with different prices since there is an abundance of stuff out there, like iron, you can easily get 2 stacks of iron by caving rather than mining in the prison mines where the ore rate is smaller and the price is set for that rate of ores ONLY!

Also bringing potions and other advanced stuff like diamond armor, heavily enchanted stuff and other items like that can affect the game play out there a lot. Same for those that use it on their own like you come full armored with best quality stuff kill everyone there split your stuff to friends (if you have some playing on the server) or keep it for your own and get all the money you can out of it...

I'll send you the regions file Marius, maybe you can find something wrong :B

babymel, your friend will have to find Marius or myself so we can teleport her out of jail.

New Spawned
    Aah ok ok thanks I'll tell her to find you guys But what happens if she dies again? She didn't have her home set so if she died she would be stuck in prison again?
    Also if I plan to create a faction I would need money, so if I can't get back into prison to sell, What do I do?
    Sorry for many questions
    Last edited by babymel515; 12th December 2012 at 23:32.

Don't worry about asking a lot questions, that's ok

If she dies without having set home, she'll end up at the server's spawn point which is inside of prison.

You need to sell your stuff outside of prison. Currently we only have traders in the free spawn town. I think we need to have shops where you can buy and sell things for in-game currency.

Marius, sorry to have to ask your help again But would you mind setting up shops outside of prison where people can sell their stuff? Maybe add a shop to each trader Dom set up with the same items they are selling?

Also would you mind checking the prices for the various faction related things like starting a faction, claiming land, etc? I just set some numbers that were higher then the default values. But I'm not sure they're high enough/make sense :B

Yea I can do that but tomorrow since I have a lot to do today also need to prepare for tomorrows test; and I wanna be sure I take that test

New Spawned
    Since the Towny server was the reason i registered here, I'd prefer a Townsy "afterlife" rather than a Faction server (:
    However, I'm new in here, so I might not be heard - and I haven't tried the Prison server yet, though i plan to (:

Welcome to the forums!

I've installed factions a few weeks ago now. But seeing as it's primarily used to build towns and not do any PVP-ing I think it would have been better to install Towny. But since people have started using it, I'm not going to change it any time soon.

Go play on the Prison server, there are a lot of nice players there