Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

1.2 Update Thread

This is where we will discuss the problems of the newest patch and the MANY problems/solutions we have for the server.

Some ideas I have for the server:
    • Scrap the current worlds to eliminate problems
    • Make a Multi-World server with separate plugins in each world and portals between them.
    • One world with (seemingly) no mods.
    • Admin privaledges because I have to work way more now.
    • Dedicated YouTube Channel for the server.
    • Server name.

These can all be discussed here and I will try to keep up with the progress. I am hoping that this make people more active in the server administration and upkeep. The youtube channel will not be started, ran, or moderated by me, but I will submit an occasional video. All media that becomes public should reflect kindly on the server and its players, but have fun

As you may know, I have stopped playing ANY game recently. My jobs have been keeping me busy for the past few months and I do not see a timely end to this pattern. If you have any unanswered questions, PM me on the Forums and I will try to get back as soon as I can.

-DOM

RE: 1.2 Update Thread

Scrap the current worlds to eliminate problems
    Make a Multi-World server with separate plugins in each world and portals between them.
    One world with (seemingly) no mods.
    Admin privaledges because I have to work way more now.
    Dedicated YouTube Channel for the server.
    Server name.
    I agree with the new world, admin privileges (I vote wordie), a server youtube channel, and a server name.

Well a new world sounds very good and i have a option for worlds lets say can u make em like every world having a kingdom? for ex WORLD 1 has the a KING that ppl chooses by vote (Dom will propose ppl for each kingdom and other players vote em) and he rules the kingdom of lets say WATER. the World 2 will have the FOREST kingdom and so on and we can have a neutral World ( the 1 with no mods) where these kingdoms may have wars. And the only the King have creative only on his world/kingdom so he can build great buildings in less time and use blocks hard to get to improve servers aspect.

And if u like it and approve u can use the youtube chanel to make videos of wars ; witch kingdom is better witch is richer ( not rly about money maybe ppl..) and how things evolve in world.

And another thing that wud be great its having jobs for our ppl (heard that its a plugin for this.. if u want to look into it).

Hope u like the idea and thx for reading.

Should we update to 1.2 or not?

well dom i agree with you on this as we have noticed you have been quite busy of late ( you are missed dom ).
    as for suggestions yeah why not ..all sounds good to me if the server runs better for all the changes.
    we know some will moan but will get used to it ...if we want folk to come onto the server then why not make them register with this forum first will cut down on the grief i would think
    admin privileges sounds good but must be careful who gets any risen status and thanks demman8 for the vote lol
    as some may have noticed i do have a lot more time spare at the moment due to job finishing so would be able to dedicate more time lol

i see a much better future for this server if it moves on

but please remember everyone this server does cost so any donations will all be put into the website, server and any future projects

[size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]

I really don't mind what happens with the server. If you have to delete the current map then so be it. Also it probably is a good idea to give someone admin powers to look after the server if you're away.

Youtube channel for the server? eh, why not? probably means extra work for you though, unless you give several people the permission to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pernix_8D
    Youtube channel for the server? eh, why not? probably means extra work for you though, unless you give several people the permission to use it.
    I am giving permission to any1 to start and maintain the channel. It would be kewl if some1 would figure out how to make it so multiple people could manage it...

Maybe if u make something like a team? 1 will get the videos from ppl and make it look good with intro and stuff, 1 can make videos on stuff on server, and 1 will post all stuff and will take care of channel to work good...? (like a channel administrator...)

can i just add to this as well if we do get a new server up and running PLEASE can you if you move take your chests and contents with you not just leave them abandon in the wilderness or at least just remove the lock so can be cleaned up this also applies to doors if you move on remove the locks from above ok ....also ..TREES!!!!!!!!!! if gonna chop them down especially the big ones finish the job. its so frustrating to see big areas covers in floating trees or just blocks i can understand if you miss one block in a big tree but when you just chop the trunk and leave the rest it just looks so bad and irritates the life out of me and so many others ok ..it only takes 1 extra min to clear thank you all and hope you will enjoy a new start and look forward to seeing your new creations either on the server or on the forum and youtube channel, things we want are time laps builds, lets plays, adventures maybe if could submit them to the mods/admin of the channel come on lets have your ideas
    [size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by wordie101
    can i just add to this as well if we do get a new server up and running PLEASE can you if you move take your chests and contents with you not just leave them abandon in the wilderness or at least just remove the lock so can be cleaned up this also applies to doors if you move on remove the locks from above ok...
    I will change the locks on chests and doors. There will be major changes to plugins too. I have time today to work on cleaning up the perms and settings, along with researching plugins to replace some of the more dated ones.