Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Probelm with factions!

So with factions installed, a problem has appeared. Players can invite others to their faction, set their home outside of the prison, and any faction member can /f home bringing them out of the prison. Not sure if you can, but could an admin make it so only free has the permission to /f home? Or join factions overall?

Another thing, faction members can claim the prison. I had to do it earlier when I invited Novgigi to my faction because he was stuck in spleef, with /spl back not working. I invited him to my faction, claimed part of spawn, set my home, had him /f home, and it worked. So, it was good to be able to get him out, but others may claim the prison.

I've removed a few factions, kicked some people out, reset some bank accounts and removed a few player.dat files.

I've also added a giant region over the entire prison and added most of the factions commands as blocked commands so that should hopefully keep people in :B

J, I think that made it so players can mine the prison! The prison got MASSIVELY griefed. The world protection was destroyed.

Bah @ stupid griefers.

I'll ban them, fix the damage and see if I can get Factions to play nice... So far it's been way more trouble then it's worth.

Ok so I rolled back all the grief as far as I can tell. There's still some sugar cane that needs fixing that can't be rolled back. Marius could you look at this please?

I've also banned a couple of blatant griefers. And I hope I've fixed the world guard config file.

Can someone who isn't warden/op check to see if they can use /f commands inside prison?

it seems you just banned everyone that was online at that time? I may have "griefed" a few blocks to see if the protection was gone everywhere. but i actually mostly placed blocks to fix some of the bigger holes that were there. In fact, I was the one that pointed it out to Demman that the prison was griefable.

also, looking at the banlist on Minebans.com , I don't see Trey ( don't know his full name, had some random numbers in it) on there. although he was just an A-prisoner (maybe just went to Elite) when i left that day, and when i got back he was Elite and was saying how many diamonds he had.

also, to point out that i didn't want to have anything to do with this, as soon as i logged on, someone gave me 50K, which i immediately returned

Thank you for taking the time to point this out.

I wasn't on at the time, so I've banned anyone that I found had done damage to the prison. You were banned because I found blocks missing that were removed by you.

I will check server logs to see if I can verify your story. Demman might be able to help you there as well. Demman? What do you know about this?

Also, would you guys mind looking at the people I've banned on minebans to see if other's should be included or excluded and why?
    You can vied the bans here: http://minebans.com/view_server.html?server_id=453

also feel like i need to point this out, I went from c-prisoner to elite in 1 day, and was 25k away from free, multiple people can verify this. I didn't really need to grief to get anything

I might still have a few sand blocks and maybe 1 diamond block in my inventory. which i will gladly return of course, like i said earlier i took a few blocks to see if the protection waws gone everywhere.

the Spleef arena was still protected for some reason

Griefing just to see if you can isn't the smartest thing to do. That's the kind of behavior that will get you banned.

The Spleef arena has it's own set of world guard regions to protect it that are managed through the spleef plugin we're using.

Fixed the problem with sugar canes, when you roll backed it it also did that for the water ( it transformed in bedrock...) so no water no sugar canes