Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The ocelot Infestation.

As some of you know we have had a pretty naughty bug that has been causing ocelots to spawn at a very large rate.

I have looked over the net a little bit but I am mostly finding links to the other ocelot bug were they spawn in front of you non stop.
    This one is different because they just spawn in the area and spawn non stop. The closest link I found was one that referred to Bukkitt and certain plugins "Moes creatures is one of them" that are causing the same effect we have going on.

I am hopeing the new bukkitt build will have this fixed and I am wondering if anyone else has looked into a solution for this. Currently deleting passive mobs has prevented animal farming, colored sheep in particular.

I'm hoping to the get servers updated to 1.4.6 this weekend. We're not using plugins related to mob spawning as far as I know, so I'm also hoping that upgrading bukkit and all the plugins solves the ocelot issue.

I kinda miss the ocelots, I mean, when you need a cat, it takes a while to find one.

Yeah how do you get a cat? I tried to get a dog but I think he ran away.

Also I wouldnt mind a cow infestation. Then I could get my farm complete.
    "Peace sells, but who's buying?"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dodmayhem View Post
    Yeah how do you get a cat? I tried to get a dog but I think he ran away.

Also I wouldnt mind a cow infestation. Then I could get my farm complete.
    You have to tame an ocelot with raw fish. Like you have to tame wolfs with bones. But you need to appraoch the ocelot very very cautiously or it will run away.
    Last edited by kl1172; 5th March 2013 at 11:56.

Sverf
    Best to walk slowly to them with a fish in your hand, as soon as they notice you freeze. Even turning to quickly causes them to run off again. If you are lucky you only need one fish, but it can take up to 5 I think.

Btw, if you have a chicken farm, be sure to close it off completely so the cats can't jump in, else they will eat all your chickens eventually Happened to me couple of times when I only had a fence around my chickens.