View Poll Results: What to do on FTB?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play in Beta Pack A and keep the map (no updates)

0 0%
  • Update to MindCrack Pack and keep map (hopefully)

1 20.00%
  • Update to MIndCrack Pack and start over

2 40.00%
  • Update to MindCrack and keep the map AND change configs

0 0%
  • Update to MindCrack and start ove r AND change configs

2 40.00%
  • I don't really care (Let the Admins choose)

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    But industrialcraft with gregtech just isn't industrialcraft it does have the same feel to it.

I'm not saying its a bad thing but your like 1 in every 20 people that don't lie gregtech in the moding community

Quote Originally Posted by LaunchedLemon View Post
    But industrialcraft with gregtech just isn't industrialcraft it does have the same feel to it.
    Yeah, but it makes the game much harder, which is much more fun to play, I love the challenge of a hard game.

There is a poll posted in this tread now. Please vote

I like to make massive builds and adding gregtech makes it MUCH harded

In the poll I think you should have a option; Non of the above. And they should put what they think in the comments.

These are suggestions, based on what we have all talked about in the past and on the spirit of the game

I voted for "Update to MIndCrack Pack and start over" for 2 reasons:

1. I think it's best to stick to an unmodified release as much as possible because that will make updating in the future easier and faster hopefully.
    2. The map on the current server is unbalanced. (See the movie I posted earlier if don't know what I'm talking about.)They have changed mods around to fix this, and I would therefore like to play on a brand new 'fixed' map.

As for the discussion about industrialcraft and GreggTech. I don't even know what those are so I'll just stay quiet and leave that discussion to the experts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I voted for "Update to MIndCrack Pack and start over" for 2 reasons:

1. I think it's best to stick to an unmodified release as much as possible because that will make updating in the future easier and faster hopefully.
    What do you mean by an unmodified release?

One in which we do not alter the configuration in any way. So for me, from a server admin standpoint, that would mean simply download the package and run the .jar file.

Of course I'd have to change the default server port/name/MOTD in the server.properties file, but other then that I'd prefer not to make any changes. Because changes are something someone will have to remember for when the next update comes along. And that someone will probably have to be me. And then I'd have to figure out if the changes make sense/work with a new update.

But like I said before, if you guys want something else I will facilitate it

If new mods are not added then all you have to do is copy the "mods" folder into the server then run because the configs will be the same and if new mods are added then just find the configs for that mod which are normally named after the mod and copy them into the "config" folder. New mods won't be added every update or three so it wont be that much hassel really. Also the item ID's wont change, they have confirmed that all ID's will be the same from now on.