Servers and webisite unavaliable

I was wondering why I couldn't connect to any server for a good 7-10 days before new years. I couldn't connect to the forums to ask why the servers are down, or connect to the Dynmap. Any Happydiggers stuff was offline for me for a good week.

Was it down for everyone or was it just with my PC or connection? And if it was down, can we have a notice of a downtime, or at least some kind of place to inform us that things are down that are not hosted on the same server that holds the servers and websites.

LOL, your sense of time seems to be broken

The provider had some issues with a broken cable. It took them 3 days to fix things. Then, to add insult to injury, my router broke.

All in all we've had 4 days downtime because all of this. Normally when I know something has to go down for a longer period of time I'll give notice in advance. This time it just happened.

We've tried donations. Dom used those to pay for the Towny server. Unfortunately donations dried up after a few months and we had to close the Towny server.

Right now I'm hosting the website and servers on my own server and 100mbit up/down fiber connection. Basically I'm paying for everything. So unless other people are willing to pay for more or better services, this is how things are going to stay for now

Just to give you an idea of what things would cost. A single Minecraft server with 2GB RAM like the Prison, Skyblock, Small World, Arena, Adventure and Vanilla server would cost about $30 per month. The Feed The Beast server would cost about three times that. The Snapshot server would be a little cheaper since it only has 1GB or RAM allocated. Hosting a website like the one we have right now would probably cost about $15 a month on decent hosting.

Rounding things up, that comes to almost $300 a month. We're doing that without any donations. So yeah, please be patient and understanding if something goes down. I'll do my best to keep things running like I've done for almost a year now. And I hope you guys enjoy yourselves playing on our servers

I am not complaining about the quality of your hosting, I am just saying that it would be nice if we somehow could know that things are down and that you are working on it. Like something offsite, maybe a Facebook group for the Happydiggers that could update us on the state of the servers.

You are the admin and owner so whatever you decide to do with your gear is up to you and I wont complain, I would just like to know what is going on when I cant access any of your hosted services, that's it.

I'm not taking your post as a complaint

I don't use Facebook and Twitter myself. But if anyone's serious enough to step up and represent the community there on a regular basis then I have no problem with that.

I have already set up a happydiggers Facebook page but have had nobody sign up as of yet as nobody on Facebook that I know lol

will work on it while I'm stuck in bed again ....could do with some artwork for the page though ...if someone could email them to me will set it up to look all pretty

just a update the group is happydiggers.net .had to re do it as old one has vanished lol
    ..come join up and will try to keep everyone up to date with news and events as it happens .....see you there
    Last edited by wordie101; 4th January 2013 at 22:43.
    [size=x-large]Earth Defense Force now that\'s new school retro ...[/size]