Size:  260.3 KB

Name:  2013-05-29_17.54.56.png
Views: 122
Size:  277.5 KB

Name:  2013-05-29_17.55.10.png
Views: 140
Size:  392.3 KB

An entire world of that^

Generating 500x500 chunks currently takes 70 minutes on my PC. I'd want the world to be at least 1500x1500 chunks. So that's about a day's worth of pre-generating worlds. Unfortunately I can't generate bigger then 500x500 maps currently. Stitching the worlds together is going to be a pain...

Also, we may want to add a 'flying machine' plugin to this world.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    DOM is setting up shops at spawn to address the missing items issue.
    Yeah i saw this in his live stream, he asked me to make a list of things and possible prices, witch is what im working on now but its taking bit longer then expected due to RL crap ...

The new idea I'm playing around with is having a world made out of randomly generated floating islands. It'll have biomes and islands in all shapes and sizes. The idea is to have some sort of protection plugin, maybe Towny, so people can claim an area for themselves and invite other players to their island if they want to.
    Seperate from skyblock or linked up with skyblock ?
    Cause if its linked the whole shop thingie isnt needed, although that can also be removed by that time or changed were neeeded.

I like the idea in general though, especially after seeing those screenshot :P

As for the nether, I guess we could open it up. But I do think it would be a good idea to remove the current nether and generate a new one so it has all the ores in it.
    As the shops are being worked on, i suggest keeping it closed for now and see how the shops go, or one could open it with a world gaurd protection and border just for PvP purposes to kill time (although im not sure how that would go portal whize for each island currently on the map, sicne the cords are linked and they could potential end up outside the protectio/border ?). With the use of shops you have more controlle over how much resources people get and how "fast" they grow, so it wont be needed to to gain resources.

Just keep in mind with any costum flying aditions to the server that a lot of them are very glitchy and when servers get crowded they start being a pain rather then a solution i many cases. Id suggest doing a lot of testing before adding things like that to a world. I saw this happen on a few servers, the worst one i seen so far was a flying carpet called magic carpet, man that thing was a pain to move around and even worse when a lag spike hit you in the face.

Ill keep an eye out to see how this goes on, but for now i got my hands full mixing and matching items to get those shops going :P

*edit* small thing i noticed, people are abusing the "/island restart" function atm to gain resources, is there anything inside the plugin that can prevent this a bit more like a massivly long delay on re-use ? I have a coule of screenshot from a team restart a island over 6 times to gain sand and lava buckets, and a few more assorted once about a young player having atleast 6 water buckets ><
    Last edited by LordBufu; 30th May 2013 at 14:31. Reason: added the edit section
    If freedom was outlawed, only outlaws would have freedom

Don't worry, there's no rush. Last thing we want is for you to stress out on anything Minecraft related so just take your time

The plan is to have the map run on the Skyblock server since it fits with the theme. However the islands do not have an abundance of resources, so the shops might still be needed. I'm not sure if it should be available to anyone, or if you have to rank up to before you're allowed into that world. So it's a kind of a reward thing for completing the first Skyblock island. Although the conditions for completing the first island would have to be defined.

Any custom flying mod would have to work properly before I'd include it for everyone because I don't want broken plugins on my servers. So that means testing and then testing some more, giving feedback to the dev, getting a new version, testing some more.

/island restart isn't a command that's available on our Skyblock server so I'm not sure what you mean? If you do /island delete your inventory is cleared. If you do /island leave or /island spawn (to go to spawn, not your island) your inventory is also cleared. You can no longer TP to spawn while falling(dev changed that for us on request). People would take out items, jump off the island, TP to spawn and die there from falling. After respawning at Spawn they could then collect the items and repeat the process.

So how are people getting 'free' resources now exactly? If you can explain or show it then I'll ask the dev to fix it

Did some more work on the map. Here are a some more epic screenshots

Name:  2013-05-31_00.28.10.png
Views: 119
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  2013-05-31_00.28.41.png
Views: 84
Size:  351.3 KB

Name:  2013-05-31_00.29.06.png
Views: 116
Size:  308.1 KB

Name:  2013-05-31_00.30.50.png
Views: 150