Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I was thinking to add some mods that can make the experience even better and to begin with we will use the ExtraBiomesXL mod to generate the terrain. Other mods will add more weapons you can craft using vanilla materials and even a health bar to mobs. The mod that will hook everything together will be Forge which will allow us to use server plugins in the same time.

And to make all this easy for every player to access the server without the need to download the mods themselves is to make a modpack and then use a launcher so they can run it.

We have to options to do this:

A. Make a custom launcher that downloads the modpack for them.
    B. Use the FTB Launcher and submit a custom modpack on their website. After it is approved players can download the pack in the launcher as you do with any other modpack that is in there.

If there are any volunteers to help make option A possible just put your hands up in the sky . I already looked up on how to do a launcher and it involves a bit of coding and design the best coding language for it (from what I heard) is C# (C Sharp) since it makes the GUI creating much easier than java. And for the mods that gonna be used in the pack will require permission from the authors to be used in the pack (thing that I will do soon).

Any other suggestions are welcome.

... C Pound? Anyways, I have no coding experience, so looks away! I would love it if my school(s) cared about technology, but they don't. How many mods are you thinking of?

It may be easier to use C#, but that will introduce another dependency for players to troubleshoot. I would recommend doing the launcher in Java since that is what players already have. It's really not that hard doing a simple interface in Java. You can use Swing to setup a basic interface. There are tons of tutorials on the subject of Java Swing Gui development. Here's an example: http://zetcode.com/tutorials/javaswingtutorial/

Getting the pack into the FTB launcher would be awesome though. That would also get us a lot of attention so if you could manage to pull that of that would be great

Making a list of mods here. There are a few mods right now but feel free to suggest others too. Notice all mods need to be Forge and SMP compatible.

ExtraBiomesXL
    Backpacks
    More Swords
    Rei's Minimap
    Inventory Tweaks
    Smart Moving
    Colorful Armor
    Chisel
    Enhanced Portals
    Gems+
    Ropes+
    Twilight Forest
    Zombie Awareness
    DivineRPG

If we got onto the FtB launcher that would be insane! We would get like, 1 more new player!

Wait, are you telling me hundreds of thousands of people may use it? Well, maybe more than one :P

Divine RPG already has a lot of mobs added to the game. I think the feel that Marius is going for is more "Fantasy" than anything.

Yea Divine RPG has some of the mobs (or something similar) as those in the Mo' Creatures mod and the author of it also specified he doesn't want to see his mod in any modpack...

I've unstickied this post. The kingdom ruler project pretty much evolved into the HappyDiggers RPG pack which has it's own subforum in which we can discuss stuff like this. In fact, I'll move this thread there now

Updating the server to 1.2.3, this happened:
    Name:  2013-08-16_01.58.51.png
Views: 228
Size:  590.5 KB

I've double checked the level seed but it seems world gen has changed too much.

So brand new map then which means hours wasted on the harbor town and a crazy NPC called Mitchel....

Current level seed is: Thats_a_lot_of_nuts
    Spawn is in a large grass plane near some springs. Nearby is an interesting spire shaped mountain with a jungle right behind it. Let me know if you like it before you start building anything. If now then we'll just change seed and see what we get