Article: Minecraft 1.5 server updates

That's nice, Hopefully there won't be any problems or glitches with them., 1 problem i've seen on 1.5 on multiplayer on some servers is an inventory glitch, if your trying to craft it will lag or just go back to having only 1 plank in there and you make a button instead of sticks.
    Last edited by noobminer101; 14th March 2013 at 14:41.

From what I heard is that soon there will be a 1.5.1 so maybe hold on haha mojang with there silly updating plans haha

Quote Originally Posted by noobminer101 View Post
    That's nice, Hopefully there won't be any problems or glitches with them., 1 problem i've seen on 1.5 on multiplayer on some servers is an inventory glitch, if your trying to craft it will lag or just go back to having only 1 plank in there and you make a button instead of sticks.
    This server is using Spigot's snapshot-protocol feature for this ability. That enables the latest client version to log onto the server without the need for a Spigot 1.5 version. With that comes crafting and inventory bugs due to the new 1.5 inventory stuff. I have used this, so I know what I am talking about. They should just find an unofficial Craftbukkit.

That's true, there will be bugs due to incompatibility. This is the first time we're trying this for a major Minecraft release and I think having a few bugs (which is something we've learned to live with anyway) is better then not being able to connect to the server for a lot of people.

As long as people stick with the 1.4.7 stuff, which is the vast majority of things you can do in the game, then everything should be more or less ok

Have they been updated so we can play on them? For me it still says 1.4.7 =(

Another attempt to get 1.5 more or less working. I've changed to an unstable build of Spigot and made some tweaks to NoCheatPlus.

Let's see if this works

Did it?....... (checking servers) YES!