Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Vanilla World

The Vanilla server now has a brand new world for us to explore. Spawn is on an island in an ocean. I have no idea how much water is around the island but I'm sure we'll find out. There's plenty of sand and lots of grass land.

Name:  2013-03-14_17.40.15.png
Views: 298
Size:  272.4 KB

This is the only(!) tree on Spawn Island. Whoever chops it down, make it count and replant the saplings you get

I hope you guys are willing to do another community house like we're doing on the FTB server because I'm really enjoying that. See you on the server!

I would like to do that as well. That sounds like a great idea.

Whoopy! With all the new additions we can kickstart the prank war! I shall blow up all of your front doors with chests!

Gotta love the prank wars. Hmmm, what should I do?

So, there must be land (other than the spawn island) beyond the ocean? Been digging and sailing for quite some time and was getting a bit gloomy from all that water.

You don't beleive how long Ive wanted a new vanilla map, finally!

+ Don't matter, I just saw the date it was posted;p
    Last edited by ethe334; 25th July 2013 at 15:58.

Yes there is land beyond the ocean. If you use Optifine and set your viewdistance to far+128 you can see a Jungle Biome from the spawn island. I'm not sure, maybe you can also see it if you just to far and stand behind the tree farm looking away from spawn.

ethe, we changed the map about 3 and a half months ago
    I think the map is still pretty interesting though. If anyone has any comments/remarks/suggestions, please share.

1.7 Map reset? Only if it does actually have new terrain generation though. :P

I will leave that up to you guys. If the (voting) majority wants a new map, we'll get a new map

Sounds good, but the portal takes me to the old vanilla server so I seem to be missing something here.