Hey guys, talon here,
And as I'm guessing you all know, 1.5 has been released to the community. This is one of the more major updates Minecraft has seen in its days. This is mainly a redstone update but there are also new things to play with. Although many of you may think its great, I am personally a bit overwhelmed. With things like redstone comparators, daylight sensors, droppers, and hoppers, Minecraft is becoming a bit more like Feed The Beast with every update. There are over 10 new items in the update. All are either rare or complicated or just wierd. I you have not yet played on it. I reccomend updating to 1.5 then trying it out on a single-player creative world. If you have questions (I know I did) either post them here or google them. There are lots of 1.5 guides out there. I am not yet sure if I like 1.5 but tell the community what you think by posting your feelings here.

A complete list of added things in 1.5:
1. Hoppers
2. Droppers
3. Redstone Comparators
4. Nether Quartz (also quartz stairs, pillars, blocks, ore, and chiseled nether quartz.)
5. Cart w/ hopper
6. Cart w/ TNT
7. Activator Rails (Avtivate Carts w/ TNT)
8. Weighted Pressure Plates (light and heavy)
9. Blocks of Redstone
10. Daylight Sensors
11. Trap Chests
12. The ability to change the name of spawn eggs using an anvil (gives spawned mob a gamertag of what you named the egg)
13. New commands (ex: /effect)
14. New things you can do with command blocks.
15. Still no emerald tools or spawn herobrine/ender dragon spawn eggs.

The possibilities of things to do with 1.5 are (almost) endless!!!!

~talon6758