Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm new to everything AMP, I know NOTHING (like how to install even)... but I'm needing a new time sink. I've recently been building a Castle on Vanilla close to spawn and walls are about 70% done. With so many lack luster games this year I have found nothing to replace my decades worth of MMO fun. Modded Minecraft with other people is always something I have been looking for. Let me know where to start and I'll figure it out.

I also plan on contributing early game. For example, I would be digging out sub levels in the new base as I prefer to live underground. I'll be helping with early resource collection as well.

My goals are to have plenty of late game power through efficient extreme reactor setups, an automated crafting setup with multi user input, automated ore processing and sorting, and late game tools with armors.

Ill help with early material gsthering, and tinkers is a good early ore processor I believe, get 2 from 1 and is easy to make, and is powered by lava, ill also take a stab at the 5 tier mechanism set up

Happy to see your responses. I've updated the tables.

There are quite a few mods in the pack. The projects listed barely scratch the surface of what's possible so be sure to look around and pick something from the list. Since I more or less included the redundant IC2 so we could get the Gravisuite chest armor, I'll take responsibility for that mod and build a factory with all the bells and whistles. That means Ultimate Hybrid Solar panels, Nuclear Reactor (that hopefully doesn't blow up), IC2 processing. Jiro can then come in and setup auto crafting for the various machines.

It looks like we have two contenders for the prestigious tier 5 Mekanism setup. I suggest you guys work together to find the most efficient setup for that system. It'll require a bit of a factory on it's own just for that so plan ahead

Right now we have 3 quarry like options:
    • Simple quarry (and powered version)
    • Digital miner from Mekanism
    • Quarry from Immersive Engineering.

Those are three increasingly expensive and elaborate machines to make. I'm pretty sure that DOM will want to get into IM at some point. However I would like another option for automatically gathering resources 24/7 after we get our initial burst of stuff we don't need. It doesn't have to be crazy fast, just enough to keep all our factories working. I'm thinking chunk loaded mining turtles or something along those lines. Perhaps a coding project for DOM?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    Right now we have 3 quarry like options:
    • Simple quarry (and powered version)
    • Digital miner from Mekanism
    • Quarry from Immersive Engineering.

Those are three increasingly expensive and elaborate machines to make. I'm pretty sure that DOM will want to get into IM at some point. However I would like another option for automatically gathering resources 24/7 after we get our initial burst of stuff we don't need. It doesn't have to be crazy fast, just enough to keep all our factories working. I'm thinking chunk loaded mining turtles or something along those lines. Perhaps a coding project for DOM?
    Extra utilities has the ender quarry which we had in an old AMP version. You can set the mining zone thousands of blocks by thousands of blocks and continually mine for weeks. Not sure if there was a specific reason it wasn't included in the latest AMP or not, but it's another quarry option along with lots of other nice features.

Got it setup and installed. playing on single player atm, not whitelisted. I'll all up for early game digging, i dig 100 x whatever tunnels all the time.

Got my finger wrapped around Actually Additions pretty good now, except for auto-storage/sharing. Probably use a different mod for that anyway.

the different food every 12 meals is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    Extra utilities has the ender quarry which we had in an old AMP version. You can set the mining zone thousands of blocks by thousands of blocks and continually mine for weeks. Not sure if there was a specific reason it wasn't included in the latest AMP or not, but it's another quarry option along with lots of other nice features.
    Extra Utilities for 1.10.2 is an empty husk compared to the version for 1.7.10. The Ender Quarry amont many, many other things aren't included in the 1.10.2 version. The author is slowly working to include more stuff, but I'm not willing to go with half a mod of random stuff.

We do have Actually Additions which also has a bunch of random stuff. (mod spotlight)

I'm not really looking for an extra quarry. I'm looking for a set and forget option. Fire up a turtle(?) with a bunch of ender chests for fuel and resource dumping and let it go on forever and ever. It doesn't have to be fast. All it needs to do is keep our factories from becoming idle.

When we reach the end game I'm pretty sure we'll have a bunch of different ore processing plants:
    Mekanism
    Immersive Engineering
    IC2
    And perhaps a few others. It would be a waste to just leave those idle all the time

Food network is ready!

Hi guys,

I've just created the food network using an ender chest with the color code cyan-gray-cyan, like attached. There are a couple of ender chests with this color code already in storage.

Have at it!

Name:  Foodnetwork chest.png
Views: 168
Size:  212.4 KB

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    Placed the painting machine at DOM's place, can make one blocks like other blocks, i.e. for hidden lighting. Doesnt take jackolanterns tho
    Spoiler!