Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    it should still be moving to the US, but yes i agree an update would be good.

Jiro has received the hardware I send him. He build the system and we're now in the process of setting up ESXi and getting the ARK VM up and running.

I received the motherboard, cpu, heat sink, and some 600 GB hard drives from InsaneJ 3 days ago. Since then I've assembled the server.

Currently the specs are:

- MSI X99A SLI PLUS Motherboard

- Intel Xeon Processor E5-2680 v4
    • 28 Threads
    • 14 Cores
    • Normally 2.40 GHz base frequency (2.20 GHz base as it's an ES chip), Possible 3.30 GHz Max Turbo

- SuperMicro CSE-743TQ Black 4U Chassis
    Name:  SC743TQ-865B_spec.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  17.0 KB

- 2x Seagate Enterprise Capacity 6TB 7.2K RPM SAS 256MB Cache 512e HDD
    - 2x Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 10k RPM SATA 32MB Cache HDD

- 4x Crucial 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM

- Dell ATI Radeon B120 256MB Graphics Card

- LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i SATA/SAS Controller 6G Raid Card

The HDDs will be put into 2 arrays running Raid 1. Currently we're working on running ESXi with VMWare controlling a couple of virtual machines (which we already do for Ark)

Setting everything up will take some time, please bear with us

Update

Name:  Screenshot_10.png
Views: 1393
Size:  2.60 MB

I manged to get one of the servers online for testing. There's still a lot of loose ends to tie up such as config fixing, networking, security stuff, and auto script handling but we're making some serious progress now

This is absolutely NOT a complaint to you, Jiro, just to higher fates or whatever... But from the progress you make, it looks like PvE Ark might go live just when I go on 2 weeks vacation...

(Okay, I'm a crazy person to be a bit sad about going on a vacation to a nice, warm island ).

Good things are happening!

Name:  Screenshot_16.png
Views: 1024
Size:  18.2 KB

I'm back and so are the Ark servers....kinda. i was able to log in to crystal isle ok.

Rag......is there but not. crap ton missing. so need to know if i should move thing to CI or wait til someone reads this and checks rag. i saw vanilla things and s+ things but there is a a lot missing so i dont know where the issue may lay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    I'm back and so are the Ark servers....kinda. i was able to log in to crystal isle ok.

Rag......is there but not. crap ton missing. so need to know if i should move thing to CI or wait til someone reads this and checks rag. i saw vanilla things and s+ things but there is a a lot missing so i dont know where the issue may lay.
    That was not an official public release, it was simply a progress update. The servers are not ready and I haven't even released the IPs

Also note that Crystal Isles is PvE. It is not apart of the PvP cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    That was not an official public release, it was simply a progress update. The servers are not ready and I haven't even released the IPs

Also note that Crystal Isles is PvE. It is not apart of the PvP cluster.
    cool i'll play on Crystal for now then.

Aaaah! Okay, two more weeks, don't take all the cool spots on Crystal Isles