Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

There's no plan to shut down the PvE servers, and there's still the possibility that Epimetheus may continue his work on getting PvP servers up and running as a secondary cluster.
    I am still interested in doing this, but the 3 times i asked i basically got no reply at all. I can take the time and balance everything and i would most defintly play on it. But if there is no interest in pvp servers i dont see the worth in using the time for it. If atleast 3 players would play it, not every day but some hours per week i would do it.

Maybe i will make another pool soon, to see if there is genuine interest in pvp servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
    I am still interested in doing this, but the 3 times i asked i basically got no reply at all. I can take the time and balance everything and i would most defintly play on it. But if there is no interest in pvp servers i dont see the worth in using the time for it. If atleast 3 players would play it, not every day but some hours per week i would do it.

Maybe i will make another pool soon, to see if there is genuine interest in pvp servers.
    I think you might find that your general pool of players will come from outside of HD for PvP servers. Many of our Ark players that stuck around didn't actually come to HD first, but rather after starting on the PvP servers.

Is there a chance we could get PvP servers when genesis 2 comes out? I liked how it was no wipe server ( exept nerf the loot from drops by 2x).

We could advertise it on arkservers.net & ark-servers.net

Quote Originally Posted by Nem View Post
    Is there a chance we could get PvP servers when genesis 2 comes out? I liked how it was no wipe server ( exept nerf the loot from drops by 2x).

We could advertise it on arkservers.net & ark-servers.net
    I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. PvP requires a much more active staff role in the servers though, which at this point could be a problem. Right now I've been content to let the PvE servers run themselves with little intervention on my part. The hardware/software issues that plagued the server last year seems to be resolved. But one thing that will remain to be a nuisance is the IP switching.

Ark doesn't utilize DNS for IPs, it resolved the IP name and then saves it as a static entry rather than the name. This is a problem if you don't have static public IPs through your ISP which I don't as it would cost me at least $250 per month to acquire that service (which is absurd, yay capitalism!). My DNS does auto update in conjunction with InsaneJ's hostname server, so the link to the servers through HappyDiggers would always be up to date within 15-20 mins of an IP update, but it does cause some disconnect from steam/ark in game connection gameplay. This problem will cause frustration with new players joining the server, and make it very difficult to keep an advertisement for the servers live as arkservers.net and others resolve and hold the static IP which would be changing every so often.

Genesis 2?

Hi,
    Will there be a Genesis 2 server for Ark? The expansion came out this week and I would love to play it on a Happy Diggers server.

Quote Originally Posted by amberjs View Post
    Hi,
    Will there be a Genesis 2 server for Ark? The expansion came out this week and I would love to play it on a Happy Diggers server.
    https://happydiggers.net/content.php...Genesis-Part-2

easy steps to get around mod mismatch for Gen 2? tried removing/readding the server, unsubscribing from the mods and relaunching.

********** Posting this here as I want it discussed.

I am voting to remove S+ from at least Gen 2. Reasons the last 2 days there have been joining the server due to this mod. Yesterday i crashed steam on purpose so it would verify files then it updated S+. Today I actually had remove the mod completely and reinstalled it. In total it took me an hour and 20 min from scratch (research and stuff), but going forward ~20ish min maybe. I do not believe there was an update for S+ between yesterday and today. The other reason for this is S+ isnt terribly important anymore. Ya some of the features are nice but I do not want to have to troubleshoot everyday I try to log in. Ok thanks for listening. time to fix the wife's mod mismatch now.
    Last edited by Dourne; 12th June 2021 at 18:24.

I have a mod mismatch error today too. But yesterday everything was still fine. Won't this just sort itself out with the daily restart?
    I'm not for removing s+ though. I use it a lot. That would probably mean the destruction of all my buildings.