Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Issue/bug

Description: item use with right click uses a block from inventory but retrieving block after placement disappears.
    Tools: hammer and any other block (unconfirmed all blocks)

How: with the hammer on the hot bar and another block on the right next to it, make sure selector is on the hammer. right click and it places the adjacent block on the hot bar on the ground. picking up the placed black then destroys the block without replacement (such as a marble brick block or jack-o-lantern.

having nothing in the hotbar on the right did nothing.

*upon rechecking after moving around and more building. this seemed to be working normally but i was able to repeat it at the time and loss a few blocks prompting this post. something to watch out for and it seemed to be only 'blocks', not signs etc.

This sounds a bit like the general inventory glitchyness that TFC has on KCauldron. Putting stuff in player's inventory through the use of Bukkit plugins is a pain and even vanilla creative mode is bugged when you try to middle-mouse-click a block to select it. It then often turns up double in your inventory, but the selected block doesn't work. You need to select the second block. It's a bit of a mess.

I'm not sure there's anything we can do about it at this point except warn players about the issue. Maybe Jiro has a bright idea?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJ View Post
    I'm not sure there's anything we can do about it at this point except warn players about the issue. Maybe Jiro has a bright idea?
    I'll try to look into this at some point this week.

3 tornadoes in 3 hours of playing. I managed to rescue my stuff each and every time, but I've had it with the RNG today...

Quote Originally Posted by Dourne View Post
    Description: item use with right click uses a block from inventory but retrieving block after placement disappears.
    Tools: hammer and any other block (unconfirmed all blocks)

How: with the hammer on the hot bar and another block on the right next to it, make sure selector is on the hammer. right click and it places the adjacent block on the hot bar on the ground. picking up the placed black then destroys the block without replacement (such as a marble brick block or jack-o-lantern.

having nothing in the hotbar on the right did nothing.

*upon rechecking after moving around and more building. this seemed to be working normally but i was able to repeat it at the time and loss a few blocks prompting this post. something to watch out for and it seemed to be only 'blocks', not signs etc.
    Solved.

It's an item update problem. The block is invisible on the hotbar when harvested (or perhaps it was never placed). In any case right clicking the item slot a few times or moving it manually updates it back into the hotbar.

Random water blocks going missing is solved :3

Tornados seem to pluck the ice up and deposit them elsewhere.

Name:  Screenshot_4.png
Views: 215
Size:  2.90 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro_89 View Post
    Random water blocks going missing is solved :3

Tornados seem to pluck the ice up and deposit them elsewhere.
    Hmm, interesting... J indicated that he just installed TnFC with default settings. I see the default is a white list of blocks for the tornadoes to pick up and yes, ice blocks are on it. But chests are not and mine got picked up, twice... (the second time was when I put them 2 blocks below ground level, I was really hoping that would solve the problem.

I've almost finished my house now. If a tornado comes, rips off the door and picks up a chest, I'm building a bunker

(I've played with the Weather mod on a couple of times at least, I don't remember it being such a pain before).

I like the visual aspect of tornadoes. I do not like the griefing aspect of tornadoes, especially on a server where the effect quickly becomes amplified due to the cumulative nature of it randomly picking up blocks.

In the Weather2 config the grablist is set to the following:
    Code:
    S:Storm_Tornado_GrabList=planks, leaves
    Clearly it's not just picking up planks and leaves. So I'm setting overcastmode to true. That should run vanilla weather on the server but let clients do whatever visually.
    Code:
    # If true, lets server side do vanilla weather rules, weather2 will only make storms when server side says 'rain' is on
    B:overcastMode=true

Quote Originally Posted by Chogata View Post
    Hmm, interesting... J indicated that he just installed TnFC with default settings. I see the default is a white list of blocks for the tornadoes to pick up and yes, ice blocks are on it. But chests are not and mine got picked up, twice... (the second time was when I put them 2 blocks below ground level, I was really hoping that would solve the problem.

I've almost finished my house now. If a tornado comes, rips off the door and picks up a chest, I'm building a bunker

(I've played with the Weather mod on a couple of times at least, I don't remember it being such a pain before).
    Tornado grieved me too. so yes definitely build out of stone. i lost barrels, chests, doors, signs, fruit bushes. i was a little frustrated by the last tornado for sure.