Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Spawned

Exclamation [Freebie TFC] Mass Theft report

Hello, I want to report some huge theft that has happened in moscow(was Karnburg). I came back to HappyDiggers after a long break of 3~4 weeks, an found that a player named rubberrobo476 made off with all of the town's ore and ingot resources 10 days ago. He's currently not in our town, so I don't know what happened exactly. however, I do know that sweeping the whole ingot vault was definitely not allowed in moscow.
    including screenshots with prism inspections:

Name:  2016-06-24_20.36.42.png
Views: 171
Size:  45.0 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.02.png
Views: 184
Size:  79.6 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.34.png
Views: 183
Size:  72.3 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.36.png
Views: 167
Size:  62.4 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.40.png
Views: 216
Size:  57.3 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.47.png
Views: 200
Size:  55.8 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.52.png
Views: 166
Size:  60.5 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.37.54.png
Views: 155
Size:  56.8 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.38.22.png
Size:  47.0 KBName:  2016-06-24_20.38.44.png
Size:  93.8 KB

so our total damage would be
    78 nickel ingots
    18 pig iron ingots
    59 copper ingots
    52 gold ingots
    21 silver ingots
    30 bismuth ingots
    17 zinc ingots
    8 tin ingots
    9 bronze ingots
    42 bismuth bronze ingots
    27 black bronze ingots
    1 blue steel sheet
    1 black steel sheet
    1 red steel sheet(no prism evidence, but i suspect this is also by rubberrobo476)
    1 nickel sheet(this also)
    +all the ores in our vault, I gave up counting that.

I dunno what the others did in these 10 days(maybe they didn't log on?), but I guess that theft of this magnitude will still be trackable. I hope this would be solved soon
    Attached Images Attached Images   

New Spawned
    I just noticed that rubberrobo476 was quite active in the forums, and he seemed to be pretty nice and well-behaved. I hope to have an explanation if rubberrobo476 has a decent reason for all this.

~~EDIT~~
    also noticed that rubberrobo476 is now mayor of Icehollow. now I'm suspecting that he took all the stuff when he moved towns, but these ingots were for the town of moscow, not Icehollow. I would not complain about taking only a portion of things, as Icehollow is in the same nation as moscow. However, sweeping the whole ore/ingot vault is definitely theft in my opinion; there are still active players in moscow.
    Last edited by Kodo98; 24th June 2016 at 15:11.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    It was the former Elbe's town, right? As far as I remember, Elbe got kinda tired of managing huge town and decided to leave and either join someone's town or make his own new small one. And he decided to leave all the riches behind him and there was some kind of giveaway. Maybe it is it.

I hope Elborax will elaborate more.
    Last edited by Heptagon_ru; 24th June 2016 at 15:14.

New Spawned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heptagon_ru View Post
    And he decided to leave all the ricjes behind him and there was some kind of giveaway. Maybe it is it.

I hope Elborax will elaborate more.
    a giveaway? that's new for me. but I think that doing the giveaway was wrong, mostly because I was the one who prospected and mined most of those nickel. took me about 12 hours of gameplay! It feels really meaningless when all that is gone in a single moment.

Lazy Idle Couch Potato Heptagon_ru's Avatar
    I sent RubberRobo and Elbe PMs asking to elaborate on the issue. Also I will ask them in-game if I see them. Please do the same if you see them.
    I hope the situation will be fixed without the staff intervention.

The thing went another way. I didn't make any public giveaways. I just left all my stuff behind and gave my house + storage to the town members. Also asked The_Moss (one of the oldest town members) to take on the responsibilities in the town. After kind & justified rejection I passed the torch on Vladimir_Lenin_ (MrKousios) as him being the town assistant and such.
    Vlad also announced his inactivity and so offered the towns' riches to rubber (I don't know the details, just that Vlad made rubber the mayor and let him collect anything). This happened a couple days after I started my own hermitage.

I wouldn't take this as a theft or any other means of griefing, more like a sad story (because I didn't take a thing from the public storage and then it is given away for free to a "random" guy...)
    I feel a bit sorry for the people who would like to continue, I can imagine that not much things had been left behind rubber's collecting...

retry bc I logged out before I could submit.. A couple of days ago vladimir_lenin told me he was going inactive and I should take over his belongings since my town was active, and his only had 1 other player that would consistently log on. (the_moss) I also spoke to him about taking over any residents that would want to come on again, but in short he gave me permission to move the riches to my town and keep up the legacy.

New Spawned
    Well, Elbe's post explains everything. I've joined Icehollow now, so I think there wouldn't be a problem, other than someone else from moscow complaining about the same thing. Maybe someone should put up a post there?
    Other than that, case closed.

I'm sure rubber wouldn't mind giving the nickle that you mined back? Was there any other ores you mined? So what do you say rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainnmannx View Post
    I'm sure rubber wouldn't mind giving the nickle that you mined back? Was there any other ores you mined? So what do you say rubber?
    He has joined up with us, my town runs everything public so he has free access to them and everything else there is in town. But yeah, case closed.