Thread: ARK server down

ARK server down

There are only minor updates to apply (.1 to .5) so I don't think it's that this time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoker View Post
    There are only minor updates to apply (.1 to .5) so I don't think it's that this time.
    Next big update is scheduled for tomorow, should be causing this.

Server was fine last night

This morning I placed an extra 3TB WD red disk in the server for bulk storage. While the raid controller is server grade, the hardware is not inside of a server case with hot swap bays. So to be safe rather than sorry I shut down the server before placing the disk.

After turning the server back on it said the filesystem hadn't been checked for 190 days or so and it forced a file system check. Since that took too long for me to wait around for I left it as it was. After the file check the system started normally. The Minecraft servers were all started automatically, but the ARK server was not. I started it manually after I got home from work.

We're going to add the ARK server to the server's startup routine so that in the case of a server restart it'll be started again automatically like our other game servers.