Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

TFC server b79 builders discussion (server is now open!)

For the new HappyDiggers TFC server we're going to be creating a new spawn area and several server outposts players can use to trade. These will all be connected through a large road network spanning thousands of blocks. Other towns may then later connect to these roads to help facilitate non-teleport travel and trade.

We're looking for people who are willing to do the mind-numbing task of laying down large amounts of roads. These roads of course have to look nice so we're also looking for people who can come up with nice designs for them.

And lastly we're looking for people who can create nice looking outposts where we can place server run seed/stone dispensers and provide a nice place to conduct trade.

If you are interested in helping out, please reply. All the staff and VIP members can join, please let us know if you are able to. If you are not in those groups we'd like some input on who you are, how long you've been on our servers and perhaps some screenshots of your work

Work on the new server will commence on Sunday October 12th at around 11:00AM CET and continue in the coming week(s). Please join our TeamSpeak server so we can communicate more easily. Our teamspeak server IP is: ts.happydiggers.net

Word of caution. It will not be allowed to already start towns during this period. You may only join the server to help build the infrastructure, but nothing else. During this period the server will be whitelisted so please post your IGN if you wish to apply. If you choose to ignore these simple rules you will be banned.

HappyDiggers TFC b79 server to-do list
    There is a Google document in which we can track who is working on what. If you wish to edit this document then send me a PM with your gmail address and I'll add you. Alternatively you can mention what you are doing in this thread and Heptagon will add the relevant information to the document.
    Here is the document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Mapwriter map download:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!0sYVnIDT!BiKygO...gTVifsiBA-KS1M

The server IP is: happydiggers.net:4000 (development server is now moved to production)

Road building guidelines

• All roads must be 5 blocks wide with the 3 middle blocks being of a different material.
    • The road builder gets to choose the material.
    • The center 3 blocks of a road should be chiseled down 1 layer so snow doesn't cover it.
    • In non-90 degree corners the sections of road are 6 blocks wide. 2 border blocks with 4 center blocks.
    • Roads do not end, try to make them connect to other roads or loop back on themselves.
    • Roads should be as interesting as possible. This means not long stretches of straight roads. Try to change direction slightly every 50 blocks or so.
    • 90 degree corners should be avoided.
    • Try to coordinate with staff members or players that have World Edit privileges.
    • If possible only lay down the outlines of the road. Someone with World Edit an then fill in the rest very much faster. Roads still need to be chiseled though.
    • Roads must not be covered by trees or other obstructions.
    • Remove any blocks that were laid down to mark the location of the road such as glowstone.
    • Steps on stairs are made with the same chisel type as roads, don't chisel blocks into stair blocks since those don't connect to the roads very well, they are 1 layer too high.
    • Steps on stairs are 2 blocks long.
    • The first block of a step on of a stair is chiseled down 5 layers. The second block is chiseled down 1 layer.

Here are some pics
    Spoiler!
    Attached Images Attached Images           

What time on Sunday is this starting? Might see if I can be here to help at the start.

Let's say 11:00AM CET.

But since you're an admin you can start earlier if you like I'll post server details in behind the scenes before the rest of the builders join.

I'll lend a hand with the infrastructure and maybe some useful buildings. I'll be busy all weekend, but I should be able to get on Monday and start some work.

I can't build, I can terraform though.

I'd be happy to make places look nice, and keep a general eye on things.

Sunday? ok, no problem that will change from coding , just for further pluin compatibility, i suggest making the roads only with wood or stone materials that are not spawned naturally on the surface (so no dirt) if we later want a plugin that register roads that give you speed boost and so.
    If you wonder why I'm not that active anymore, I became the dev of this:
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/sinking-simulator-2

Question Help

I want to help,
    But where do I apply for Helping?

If it's going to be going on for a while on Sunday i might be able to help, cause i personally don't want to play at 2am :P

IGN: Legendair986
    Last edited by LegendOfAir; 10th October 2014 at 20:26.

Quote Originally Posted by oad1 View Post
    I want to help,
    But where do I apply for Helping?
    Right here in this thread. Please post your in-game Minecraft name so I can add you to the whitelist

Also try to make sure you've got TeamSpeak already setup when you join. Our TeamSpeak server's IP is ts.happydiggers.net

Quote Originally Posted by Legendair968 View Post
    If it's going to be going on for a while on Sunday i might be able to help, cause i personally don't want to play at 2am :P
    That's always a problem with different time zones. That's why we need lots of people to help out and coordinate our efforts.

The plan is pretty straight forward though. The most help we need is building roads. Roads are mostly just straight lines done with World Edit and needing manual terraforming to make it look nice

I would also like to be a builder for the new TFC server...
    My experience is that one of building the whole town of Hobbiton in the old tfc server (my computer doesn't seem to want me to post pics on the forum), im more of a medieval/steampunk sort of guy with about 3 years of experience playing TFC so yah, i would probably come in handy when it comes to the detail work. :/

tremen222